A Poll on VMP Thread Consolidation

How many VMP threads should there be in the Vinyl Clubs forum?

• Five threads - one for each track, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology

Votes: 235 84.8%
  • One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we are only going to revisit it if things aren’t working. We’re not going to dig this up every three months just so people can fight with each other unless there is a good reason.
I personally would bring it up two more times and cut it off there.

Ok, so here's how I see it. This community is now primarily a forum for music discussion with a heavy slant towards vinyl. There should absolutely be a VMP thread along with the other club threads. I also think there should be an Anthology 1 thread within the Jazz thread, just like there is a Blue note thread. If VMP do another anthology with a different musical genre then it goes somewhere else as Anthology 2. IMO any other VMP specific thread is unnecessary and superfluous. As the community evolves the VMP memory will fade away and so will the other threads.

My VMP forum tattoo shows 5 threads for the tracks, anthology, etc so I voted for preserving the accuracy of my permanent tribute to the best damn vinyl club on Earth.

You see thats the problem with tattoos and boyfriend/ girlfriend names... I mean I got my Wifes name stamped on my ass and now i cant divorce her.

Ok, so here's how I see it. This community is now primarily a forum for music discussion with a heavy slant towards vinyl. There should absolutely be a VMP thread along with the other club threads. I also think there should be an Anthology 1 thread within the Jazz thread, just like there is a Blue note thread. If VMP do another anthology with a different musical genre then it goes somewhere else as Anthology 2. IMO any other VMP specific thread is unnecessary and superfluous. As the community evolves the VMP memory will fade away and so will the other threads.
Do you mean to talk about the Anthology in the jazz thread? There isn't a jazz category with threads under it.

5 VMP Threads ? Really? We get the boot 🥾 and what do we do? A site is created that seems to happily promote VMP lol so VMP still continue to make money from this site ...... ....

I truly feel that there is way to much VMP content on this site .......far more then VMP deserves ....... VMP is smiling for sure, because this site is like a damm VMP shrine and VMP is laughing all the way to the bank probably.

5 VMP Threads ? Really? We get the boot 🥾 and what do we do? A site is created that seems to happily promote VMP lol so VMP still continue to make money from this site ...... ....

I truly feel that there is way to much VMP content on this site .......far more then VMP deserves ....... VMP is smiling for sure, because this site is like a damm VMP shrine and VMP is laughing all the way to the bank probably.

I agree with most of this. I have noticed a fair number of people cancelling mid subscription or not renewing though. I don't think things are as jolly over there as you do.

Conversation is always good if it remains respectful, you may not change someones mind, but you can make someone understand why you feel the way you do. The vote came about because VMP threads we're popping up all over the forum and with each one that popped up, the inevitable "Another VMP Thread...." comment would follow, and tensions started growing. In order to take some of the "Bad Air" out of this bubble that seems to have been growing since almost day one, we moved forward with the poll based on the reasons we've posted.

All that being said, I want to keep reminding members that the ONLY thing the group that banded together to open this forum had in mind was to save the community, JUST the community, the members, the like minded who share their musical passions. Nothing more.

Just wanted to add in humility that the fuck ups with anthology are starting to wear me down a bit. I paid for a premium product and I'm being fed a bunch of half-assed bull shit. Admittedly the pressings are clean, but the handling of the whole project is just garbage.

I'd imagine this is how some of you have felt for a long time.

Just wanted to add in humility that the fuck ups with anthology are starting to wear me down a bit. I paid for a premium product and I'm being fed a bunch of half-assed bull shit. Admittedly the pressings are clean, but the handling of the whole project is just garbage.

I'd imagine this is how some of you have felt for a long time.
It is with my deepest sympathies that I welcome you to the club.

At this point I am starting to wonder if they have the funds to pay their suppliers and business partners. With more and more pre-orders, I can imagine VMP trying to make enough money to pay for the production of the AOTMs but delaying everything else. Then, they hope unhappy customers may cancel their orders, send credits and have orders for records on stock. Or VMP just turned into a terrible company which is a strong possibility too.

At this point I am starting to wonder if they have the funds to pay their suppliers and business partners. With more and more pre-orders, I can imagine VMP trying to make enough money to pay for the production of the AOTMs but delaying everything else. Then, they hope unhappy customers may cancel their orders, send credits and have orders for records on stock. Or VMP just turned into a terrible company which is a strong possibility too.

They sell so much that cash short flows would be utterly perplexing. I’d put it down to growing product lines and sales without growing the staffing levels to manage it and a lack of mature staff with the experience of actually juggling multiple projects at the same time.

Honestly, if I was in charge I’d be seriously curtailing the number of exclusives and binning the Anthology and firmly putting the focus on getting the ROTMs and a few select exclusives dead right.

They sell so much that cash short flows would be utterly perplexing. I’d put it down to growing product lines and sales without growing the staffing levels to manage it and a lack of mature staff with the experience of actually juggling multiple projects at the same time.

Honestly, if I was in charge I’d be seriously curtailing the number of exclusives and binning the Anthology and firmly putting the focus on getting the ROTMs and a few select exclusives dead right.
They could keep Anthology and drop a lot of "exclusives" but that would have to mean they devote more employees to Anthology to ensure the details are right. If I worked for VMP I would do three things right away, drop the color variants exclusives (keep the true exclusives), hire more people to oversee details, and figure how to communicate to customers in a mature way. By keeping true exclusives they can easily drop the whole pre-order thing and put them up for sale when they have them. It would also pull people off coordinating all of that. It will help CS because I am sure even if the pre-orders aren't delayed I bet there is still a subset of people that email in when a pre-order is not sent even if it wasn't scheduled originally to go out that month (I get confused). The anthology can be great if there are enough eyes looking it over, have the initial group putting it together get everything all mocked up, then have a second group check it over, and finally have everyone come to together to do a final review. Finally, we all know about the communication issues, I don't need to elaborate on that

They could keep Anthology and drop a lot of "exclusives" but that would have to mean they devote more employees to Anthology to ensure the details are right. If I worked for VMP I would do three things right away, drop the color variants exclusives (keep the true exclusives), hire more people to oversee details, and figure how to communicate to customers in a mature way. By keeping true exclusives they can easily drop the whole pre-order thing and put them up for sale when they have them. It would also pull people off coordinating all of that. It will help CS because I am sure even if the pre-orders aren't delayed I bet there is still a subset of people that email in when a pre-order is not sent even if it wasn't scheduled originally to go out that month (I get confused). The anthology can be great if there are enough eyes looking it over, have the initial group putting it together get everything all mocked up, then have a second group check it over, and finally have everyone come to together to do a final review. Finally, we all know about the communication issues, I don't need to elaborate on that

I hated the idea of the Anthology from the start. It is everything I hate about this hobby, over priced, very limited and snobby as hell. I also think it’s something that they, as a group of people, are not in a position to deliver yet, they are trying to run before they can walk...

Other than that I think we are in agreement, pare back on the exclusive and focus on getting the heart of the business, the ROTM’s, dead right.

At this stage with communication they need to swallow their pride, pony up the salary, and get a highly competent and experienced PR professional on board.

I hated the idea of the Anthology from the start. It is everything I hate about this hobby, over priced, very limited and snobby as hell. I also think it’s something that they, as a group of people, are not in a position to deliver yet, they are trying to run before they can walk...

Other than that I think we are in agreement, pare back on the exclusive and focus on getting the heart of the business, the ROTM’s, dead right.

At this stage with communication they need to swallow their pride, pony up the salary, and get a highly competent and experienced PR professional on board.
I agree the Anthology is snobby but I think it was fairly priced for what it was supposed to be, the quality of the pressings is on par with other high-quality pressings price wise. But yes it appears they were not ready to execute on it and that makes it easily seem like it was overpriced.

I want to add, I think the convo was in the RIP thread, they need to decide a direction, high end or for the masses, this back and forth I strongly believe is causing a lot of the problems too

I want to add, I think the convo was in the RIP thread, they need to decide a direction, high end or for the masses, this back and forth I strongly believe is causing a lot of the problems too

The high end is not the place for them. They don’t have the expertise or experience to pull it off the way it needs to be. You’re chasing a very small and demanding segment of the market. Not the place for a company with a curator using a DIY speaker made out of a record and an overall penchant for making mistakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back