Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

I did a thing and upgraded my last.fm account to Pro for at least one month ... The scrobble editing is nice. Now I just need to figure out all of the things that need fixing.

So far I've been able to merge my two listings of "Sixteen Military Wives" and "16 Military Wives" by The Decemberists and it's now one of my top played songs.
I’ve been pro for a while. I love the weekly reports.

I did a thing and upgraded my last.fm account to Pro for at least one month ... The scrobble editing is nice. Now I just need to figure out all of the things that need fixing.

So far I've been able to merge my two listings of "Sixteen Military Wives" and "16 Military Wives" by The Decemberists and it's now one of my top played songs.
I'll probably do this soon. Will be nice to merge my Iron & Wine with my Iron And Wine scrobbles.

I'll probably do this soon. Will be nice to merge my Iron & Wine with my Iron And Wine scrobbles.

My worst scrobbling situation is with the band The Negro Problem, which is one of my all-time favorites. They had about three albums before their lead singer Stew went solo and released aboit five more albums. They've been separate listings for me until recently. But now that all of his stuff is on Spotify, even the old albums are listed as Stew & The Negro Problem. Now i have scrobbles for all three, and they will all be wrong going forward. So do I leave them as they are or do I merge the three together?

My worst scrobbling situation is with the band The Negro Problem, which is one of my all-time favorites. They had about three albums before their lead singer Stew went solo and released aboit five more albums. They've been separate listings for me until recently. But now that all of his stuff is on Spotify, even the old albums are listed as Stew & The Negro Problem. Now i have scrobbles for all three, and they will all be wrong going forward. So do I leave them as they are or do I merge the three together?
Good question. I figure I'll just fix mine every once in a while. It would be nice if it remembered your preferences for scrobbling certain things.

Last week:

collage (1).jpeg

Breakdown
Here to report that Dua Lipa is no longer my 2020 best friend (but still a good friend ❤ ) and has been replaced by Jessie Ware. Still in a pop-centric mood lately, and revisited a couple of modern favorites, as well as the excellent Boldy James project this year. Spun both of the recent N&G RotMs this week which are fantastic, as always. In particular, I've found TNT to be a great album to take a nap/have dreams to.

Last week:

View attachment 55951

Breakdown
Here to report that Dua Lipa is no longer my 2020 best friend (but still a good friend ❤ ) and has been replaced by Jessie Ware. Still in a pop-centric mood lately, and revisited a couple of modern favorites, as well as the excellent Boldy James project this year. Spun both of the recent N&G RotMs this week which are fantastic, as always. In particular, I've found TNT to be a great album to take a nap/have dreams to.

The same thing happened with me for dua/jessie. I was so excited for dua to be mu AOTY but jessie owns my ass now

My week

View attachment 56421

Kind of a light week because of work and vacation. Everything below whitney only got one scrobble each and everything besides jessie ware got less than 10
Man, I’ve been working but I’ve listened to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers debut 8 times since Friday! And right now Richter is beating it (but it had some spins last week too)

My week in music

collage (12).jpeg

Breakdown
So I also was a bit busy this week and have mostly listened to playlists. I've checked out potential candidates for the RHH RotM, Coolio, LL Cool J and Raekwon. The Raekwon record is really good and sounds still fresh.
I've enjoyed relistening to the Declan McKenna album, also Koko Taylor which is among my favorite VMP classics and Busta Rhymes. The Eddie Hazel album which I've read about in a thread is pretty good too. 🙂 and of course I've listened to and enjoyed the N&G RotM by Fugazi.

Last week:

collage.jpeg

Breakdown
Very excited about the PJ Harvey reissues being drip-fed over the coming months, yet I've only listened to four of her records in the past. Seeing several cite Is This Desire? as one of their favorites heightened my curiosity...it is now easily at least top 3 in her catalogue from what I've explored this week. Aside, same old same old; primarily electronic-infused tunes. Try out Ana Roxanne's mini-album if you are interested in a brief passage of ambient mixed with field recordings and some spoken word...quite gorgeous.

so i keep a track of my #1's each week in a topster collage and i noticed 2 things interesting this week

Screenshot_20200720-233655_Tumblr.jpg

1) Fiona Apple has been #1 3 times and each was 7 weeks apart. did not do this on purpose lol

2) Jessie Ware is the first person to be my #1 for 3 weeks straight

Back