Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 17 recap

collage - 2022-04-29T065802.712.jpeg

Listened to a lot of IDLES this week in anticipation of their excellent live show that was yesterday evening.
Apart from that some Smashing Pumpkins, Patrick Wolf, The War on Drugs and Suzanne Vega.
I'll catch up on new releases the next days, basically starting right now after posting, there are so many interesting releases today and the recent weeks I'm excited to check. :)

Sorry. Works been nuts and then I had a mini vacation last weekend. Anyhow…
Three weeks ago:
4A082EC1-8E11-4DA8-91F3-A4CEBD90E428.jpeg

Two weeks ago:
7A72BD78-6595-4DFD-AFD8-FEC5C91304A3.jpeg
This week ended with my wife saying I would take a break on Hendrix for a week or two possibly a month.

This past week:
B5E098B8-AF98-4F72-80F7-5CB40E0D79E5.jpeg

Mitski just got under my skin. Turns out The Beach Boys will calm down the little one, YHF deluxe and new album announcements, been on a Billy Joel kick recently, Patto was a random Spotify suggestion and I’m smitten, Charley is starting to grow on me.

My week (nothing in my queue will change this before midnight when I will overhaul my current playlist with new music anyhow):
collage.jpg
The new Willie Nelson is incredible and may end up in my top ten for the year. The new Miranda Lambert is one of her best. Love the deluxe Norah Jones as background/dinner music. I need to find a copy of the Boom! on vinyl, nice intro to other Italian composers using Jazz in film to expand on my love of Umiliani. Ross will probably end up in my top ten as well.. The HGM was just spins of Virgo Fool which is the odds and sods included in the box. Kendrick is in anticipation of new music, I assume Damn will be in the grid next week.

Last edited:
Week 18 summary

collage - 2022-05-06T065421.269.jpeg

Lots of great new releases. I agree with @Rip_City that the new Let's Eat Grandma album is great. I've also enjoyed the new Kehlani and the new Rammstein album, which is especially strong on the lyrical side. New Bloc Party and Fontaines D. C. are enjoyable too. The new Kelly Lee Owens album feels less accessible than her previous two. It's still good, I especially enjoy the last song, but I don't think it'll rank that high for me in my Q2.
Apart from that I've listened a lot to the new Peter Doherty album as I'm going to see him live tonight in Cologne.

Week 18 recap:

2022Week18.jpg

Breakdown
Some good ones last week, but more average than good. Really enjoying the new Let's Eat Grandma record, honestly sounds like the synthpop/electropop record of the year for now; looking forward to the live show late in the year. Similar to @Bluecloud777's comment above, I also found the Kehlani record intriguing. Toying between putting it in 👍 or 🤷‍♂️, but I'm leaning towards the latter, despite me enjoying the record considerably more than anything else they have made up to now. Also satisfied with the Tigran Hamasyan, KLO, Jane Inc., and Georgia Harmer records. A pair of subpar singer/songwriter releases with Tomberlin and Honeyglaze.
Otherwise, working through the collection playthrough. Will be wrapping up the "F" titles tonight.

My week (forgot to post yesterday)

93D11DFC-43E3-4C27-A908-1E0869E1D082.jpeg

Breakdown

I thought pub songs was a playlist when I put it on but I guess it was an album lol. One day at work I was in a classic rock mood so Mac, Supertramp and the Beatles really helped with that! And then PUP and Rina were for concert prep!!

Week 19 recap:

2022Week19.jpg

Breakdown
Still feeling burned out from new music listening. A couple of new records (including a few PIFs) came in and I listened to those, as either they arrived conveniently for the collection playthrough or were played to backtrack. Just finished the "G" titles.
Didn't feel too hot about the few new releases this past week I have given a shot, but I did enjoy the Otoboke Beaver and Soccer96 (not pictured) albums the most from what I've tried. However, I'm throwing the new Arcade Fire album in the recycle bin.

Back