Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week
8CAC5862-3489-43C0-97DA-73C68CDB47F0.jpeg
Punch Brothers is still an obsession. Yasmin is perfect anytime music. Funny how a “new” piece of old favorite music can overtake your listening, also damn I love Jimi. Simon and Garfunkel and Beatles were driving around with little one tunes. Love the new Dip, can’t wait for the vinyl. I almost impulse bought the new anniversary edition of Lemonheads - spending some time with it this week reminded me why I’ve never held on to a cd copy. I dig it and enjoy giving it a listen every five years or so, not worth the shelf space. Not my favorite ACL but Kris is always good. Mofi bluegrass is um dangerous.

My week

20220314_142436.jpg

CMAT is easily my aoty so far but if Hatchie's and especially Florence's new singles are any indication then she is gonna have some stiff competition to keep that title!

Really not feeling as hyped for the grammys this year as I have in years past, finding it really hard to find the motivation to listen to the noms, even the ones I enjoy

Week 11 summary:

2022Week11.jpeg

Breakdown
The newest from Jenny Hval met my expectations and more. In fact, it is my art pop album of the year for the time being. Jeremiah Chiu & Marta Sofia Honer's ambient LP is stunning. Topical Dancer is also a notable highlight. All three of these will make my Q1 chart, and have a high probability of making my year end top50. Been catching up with the collection playthrough, as well.

Week 11 summary

collage - 2022-03-18T074203.564.jpeg

I've been listening to a lot of music this week. I agree with @Rip_City on the new Jenny Hval album, it's excellent and one of my Top 5 favorite releases of Q1/2022 so far. I've also enjoyed the new Lucky Daye and Bodega releases. BOYO, Rex Orange County, CMAT (thanks to @Fleetwood-Matt for recommending), Alex Cameron and Jeremiah Chiu have all been enjoyable, good albums.
Apart from that I've started playing my 2021 vinyl records slowly counting down from 60 to 1, so some of them show in my tap.

A little late, but the pic was made on time:
IMG_5051[1].JPG
Fugazi was my punk album this week. I listened to Repeater a bunch too and did a whole catalog dive. The Dip's new record is a lot of fun. Zach Williams' solo record honestly suprised me. It's not great but a fun listen. A little class for you heathens with the Hahn. Amos Lee gets me right in the soul. The cd of the Wallflowers was super cheap on Amazon so I grabbed it and gave it quite a bit of time in the car. New Florence means lots of time with her back catalog. I 💕 Waxahatchee. So I have this jacket my daughter made me for Christmas one year with patches of bands on it. My dad was like who is Colter Wall. So we listened to his best album.

Week 12 summary

collage - 2022-03-25T025606.401.jpeg

A week in which I've listened to a lot of great new music. I've enjoyed the new Rosalia album, it feels very fresh and modern. Mixed feelings about the new Charli XCX, some good songs on this one, but also many mediocre fillers. You can feel it's the last album she needed to do for her label. Enjoyed the new Feeder album, not innovative, but solid 90s Rock. Peter Doherty as good as i had hoped for, also sounds excellent on white vinyl. Great albums by Mattiel, Somi, Kaina, Bob Moses and Charlotte Adigéry. Robert Haigh's instrumental album is also enjoyable. New Beachheads and Cypress Hill is decent too.
Mia. is a German Indie /Art Synthpop band. Apart from that I've continued to play my Best of 2021 vinyl records.

Week 12 summary:

2022Week12.jpg

Breakdown
At this point, I've made my opinion of the new Charli XCX album clear, same impression as @Bluecloud777. New one from Rosalía is an enjoyable piece of world music. Somi and Hinako Omori's records are A M A Z I N G, with the latter being my favorite of the week. Jenny Hval's Classic Objects still rules. Fennec, Kaina, King Hannah, and Lucky Daye round out a week of enjoyable releases. Saw that Oso Oso got BNM from Pitchfork but I'm not understanding the critical acclaim. Progressing along the collection playthrough otherwise.
I wish I could unhear the Ghost record, though. Do all of their records sound like this? I didn't like it whatsoever.

my week:
IMG_5071[1].JPG
Been feeling the classical recently. I get some new sound format nonsense commercial on insta and the most recent one was about this Dolly record. I gave it a listen and fell in love. Jeff Parker's scketchs are amazing. Gave @MadLucas 's ROTM a spin and then had to again and again... Joy Division was my punk album for the week. Put the Johnny on on a lark. There was a wild opinion about the Beatles being dirtier than The Stones posted in the Hot Takes thread... Kendra is so good. Still digging that vinyl of Elvis...

I wish I could unhear the Ghost record, though. Do all of their records sound like this? I didn't like it whatsoever.
I also didn't like the new Ghost album at all. While listening I constantly wondered what's this? It's pop metal from the worst era. Can't understand the many positive reviews as well, not to mention the high chart success.

I know another album by them called "Meliora" from 2015 which I've liked a lot more the last time I've checked and even have on vinyl.

Back