Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage - 2022-01-13T222701.782.jpeg

A week in which I've listened to a lot of music, mostly by streaming. I think the new The Weeknd album is good, but it clicks less with me than his previous two. The CHANCE デラソウル album Fantabolism is interesting, also Spector and Twin Atlantic is good. No new release this year that has really convinced me so far though.

Finally listened to Laurie Anderson's amazing debut album. The sad and tragic suicide of Sinead O'Conner's 17yo son made me revisit some albums of hers, I think she got some really great songs.

Some former discussion made me listen to Father John Misty's last album, I think some songs are pretty good. In anticipation of upcoming releases I've listened to the debut albums of Blood Red Shoes and The Wombats, both albums I haven't listened to in many years. Blood Red Shoes somehow got me to listen to The Kills as well.

Week 2 summary:

2022Week2.jpg

Breakdown
A decent first week of releases, though nothing I would predict lands in my top50 at the end of the year.
Out of the four CHANCE デラソウル albums dropped last week, Seasides is my favorite by a considerable margin among them. @Bluecloud777, if you haven't tried that one yet, I'd encourage you to.
Gupi's release was meh outside of a couple of tracks, same with The Weeknd's Dawn FM. Both of the metal releases highlighted by @musicjunkiegreg (Wilderun - Epigone and Aequorea - Dim) were enjoyable enough. Los Days and Dope Lemon were also decent. My favorite release of week 1 is Charaxes - The Waking Year, brooding dark ambient/sound collage.
Looking forward to a much more loaded week 2.

Week 2 summary:

View attachment 124956

Breakdown
A decent first week of releases, though nothing I would predict lands in my top50 at the end of the year.
Out of the four CHANCE デラソウル albums dropped last week, Seasides is my favorite by a considerable margin among them. @Bluecloud777, if you haven't tried that one yet, I'd encourage you to.
Gupi's release was meh outside of a couple of tracks, same with The Weeknd's Dawn FM. Both of the metal releases highlighted by @musicjunkiegreg (Wilderun - Epigone and Aequorea - Dim) were enjoyable enough. Los Days and Dope Lemon were also decent. My favorite release of week 1 is Charaxes - The Waking Year, brooding dark ambient/sound collage.
Looking forward to a much more loaded week 2.
Thanks for the shout out! 😎 More reviews coming this weekend 👍

Week 3 summary:

2022Week3.jpeg

Breakdown
Bonobo! My favorite 2022 release so far, and likely to be a top50 entry by the end of the year. 🔥 🔥 🔥
Earl Sweatshirt dropped a solid record in SICK! as well. Muggs x Rigz and Podel had interesting hip hop and ambient records released, respectively. I wish I liked the FKA Twigs mixtape far more than I do, though...
Still on vacation through the weekend, so this chart primarily represents music listening through Monday during work and downtime.

Week 3 summary:

View attachment 125794

Breakdown
Bonobo! My favorite 2022 release so far, and likely to be a top50 entry by the end of the year. 🔥 🔥 🔥
Earl Sweatshirt dropped a solid record in SICK! as well. Muggs x Rigz and Podel had interesting hip hop and ambient records released, respectively. I wish I liked the FKA Twigs mixtape far more than I do, though...
Still on vacation through the weekend, so this chart primarily represents music listening through Monday during work and downtime.
I did enjoy my listen of Earl. I wish I had remembered to listen to the Bonobo before my Punch Brothers showed up. Punch Brothers is gonna dominate my listening for a bit.

Back