Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

I was with family for NYE and while I did generate my grids, couldn't get them uploaded from my phone.

Been pretty excited all year to see everyone's full years in all their glory. Easily one of my favorite parts of this community is watching what albums trend for individuals across weeks, months, etc. Love you all, and looking forward to another year of discovery.

So.

This week:
IMG_0203.PNG

December:
IMG_0192.PNG

Q4:
IMG_0191.PNG

6 mos:
IMG_0190.PNG

2021:
IMG_0189.PNG

My week in music

collage - 2022-01-06T185224.872.jpeg

I now am back to posting my tap on Thursday evening, right before new music is released on Fridays. So this week in anticipation of the new The Weeknd album I've listened a bit to his former work. I'm really enjoying the Soccer96 album, also the recent Touched by Ghoul album is enjoyable to me. Apart from that mostly vinyl streams of favorites.

Week 1 summary:

2022Week1.jpg

Breakdown
I'll follow @Bluecloud777's lead of chart posting on Thursdays seeing as it is the day before the bulk of new week music drops.
Went on a revisit to Magdalena Bay while at work, as I will be seeing them at the end of March. I found this retread to Mercurial World much more enjoyable than I previously remember last year and I still dig the "Secrets (Your Fire)" single. Pinkpanthress's release was one I skipped out on last year; quite enjoyable even with track lengths that cut the enjoyment of each track too short.

Here’s my week:
E610E0C6-36FC-4F6B-B580-A93CE3A62CCB.jpeg
Notable stuff:
Gabbard continues to hold my attention.
Yaggfu Front was a local Hip Hop act in the 90s. I recently finished reading a book about popular music in NC, Step it Up and Go. This was the reason I started listening to them. It’s not available on Spotify, had to purchase from Apple. RIYL - De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Grand Puba, Leaders of the New School.
Don’t sleep on Young Gun Silver Fox, just fun 80s style Yacht Rock.
Brubeck was a secret Santa gift from @cashew . It’s a fascinating listen and very different from what I expected.
Lumineers got some listens this week as I prepare for the new album.

Back