Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Not to derail too much, but does anyone here have a reliable way to scrobble Apple Music listens? I’m considering a move from Spotify, but the lastfm app isn’t tracking plays (from what I can tell a song has to be in your library (lastfm or Apple, I’ve no clue) for an Apple Music stream to count as a scrobble).

52A4A7C6-2D0A-4610-BBA4-F74BCC93D5BB.jpeg
My week
I really love the new Punch Brothers. Multiple listens a day has it in my top ten of the year already. The new Lumineers is kind of raw, I dig it. Wilco’s HOF for ACL inspired some time with them.

Rosco Gordon is an important figure to Jamaican music. This was his last album and it’s fascinating.

RIP Meatloaf.

Mountain Men is a new vinyl acquiring. Still digging the last HGM. Crooked Still is because new deluxe version.

Week 4 summary:

2022Week4.jpg

Breakdown
So I still haven't really listened to any new drops in detail. Nothing new to see here really. Everything below Bonobo's Fragments has no more than three scrobbles apiece.
Back to work tomorrow after this past week's vacation, so this should have several new entries in the grid by then. Very much looking forward to Amber Mark's debut album...saving it for the work shift.

Week 4 summary:

View attachment 126612

Breakdown
So I still haven't really listened to any new drops in detail. Nothing new to see here really. Everything below Bonobo's Fragments has no more than three scrobbles apiece.
Back to work tomorrow after this past week's vacation, so this should have several new entries in the grid by then. Very much looking forward to Amber Mark's debut album...saving it for the work shift.

My wife and I went to a bar a couple of weeks ago that had a DJ and he was playing a lot of Amber Mark. I had never heard of her before that but she'll also be at Coachella. I need to listen to more of her stuff.

Ain’t nothing I’m listening to right now (Counting Crowd - August and Everything After) changing any of this..
6A935F8C-4C97-427A-B2EF-8B06D82A8739.jpeg
Punch Brothers is my early front runner aoty. Nils Frahm has been some getting ready for bed music. Jimi is the next 33 1/3 I am reading and I’m hype! Aoife is a top ten contender for the year. Happy birthday Harvest. Listened to essential when I was too lazy to look for my copy of Gold CD when finishing the ABBA 33 1/3. I dig the new Lumineers. Picked up the Petty on vinyl, been rediscovering it. Agree the new Amber Mark is a pretty good listen. Not sure it’s staying power.

Week 5 summary:

2022Week5.jpg

Breakdown
Got back to spinning a bit more, and some more recent drops (though not many). My feelings about Amber Mark's debut album are exceedingly positive; very excited to see her in April! Silvana Estrada's is quite a unique, eloquently performed Spanish folk record; an early favorite this year. Didn't like Yard Act as much as others here. Hikaru Utada's newest was surprising to me and I had not known about it until last week as it dropped midweek two weeks ago...it's her most unique sounding one yet (mind you, still very much in the J-pop realm). Didn't really care for Blood Red Shoes and especially Bad Suns...sounded quite bland. Gotta try Claude Cooper again, that was interesting. Ivy Sole's, Foxtails, and Che Noir's were solid; probs not top50 contenders though. AURORA was OK, the juxtaposition of art pop and synthpop tracks came off a bit unpolished.
Good week overall. Ready for this week's drops!

Back