Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Week 43 recap:

collage (1).jpeg

Breakdown
Seeing Half Waif in a few hours; a few listens to Mythopoetics, naturally. Lavender is also a quality release. Enjoyed the Mary Lattimore, Jessica Pavone, and Ydegirl albums at work. Worm and Gràb are both solid metal records, of which I prefer Gràb just a touch more. Fairly certain that Marissa Nadler ends up in my top50 somewhere.

Last edited:
My week in music

collage - 2021-11-08T124420.365.jpeg

I've started revisiting and re- evaluating releases of this year for my Best of 2021 list. Really enjoying Soda Blonde (a shame that vinyl is sold out), Orla Gartland, Dakota Jones, Islands, Little Simz, The Garrys and Slayyyter.

Of new releases I enjoy Lotic a lot and Nightmares on Wax and Theon Cross of Sons of Kermit. Mixed feelings on JPEGMAFIA, Remi Wolf and ABBA, I need to listen to those records more.

My week

20211108_103027.jpg

Besides ABBA this week was spent to listening to spotify yearend Playlists from the last few years. Need something to listen to at work without really having to think about what's playing so they are perfect. But that also means that each album on here besides ABBA got <10 plays lol

My week:
925CE3E6-7438-4D04-8319-79A4D46C648D.jpeg
Legitimately shocked Neal wasn’t number one and it was played more times probably than all of these combines, but a nine track album loses count to all the bonus content on Mountain Man. I was also blown away with Mountain Man and am having a real hard time not impulse buying the rest of Sylvan Esso and Mountain Man. Banhart was a random cogs play, I always forget how much I love that record.I haven’t even finished my first full listen of Radiohead. @Jan picked a quirky and enchanting ROTM a while back. Elvis became a bit of an obsession this week, but mostly in the form of movies. The new Abba is pleasant. Kris is the coolest man ever.

My week in music

collage - 2021-11-14T213529.015.jpeg

This week I've been listening to a lot of vinyl, especially enjoying the stacks of @avecigrec and @Rip_City . I've really enjoyed the B. C. Camplight album "Blink of a Nihilist" which I've streamed in relation to creating a stack for @scotthilk

Of recent releases I've mostly enjoyed the Ray BLK album, Ducks Ltd, Audiobooks and the new Damon Albarn album. Dave Gahan, Portico Quartet and Tirzah had been good too.

The new Radiohead package is the most listened to. "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" are among my favorite albums by them.

Back