Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

collage (29).jpeg

I've spend the first of my two vacation weeks in Croatia this week, so there's no vinyl listening included. I had to change our destination country several times due to Covid19 related travel warnings. The areas we're staying at in Croatia have very few cases, so it's very safe, it's around Sibenik and Zadar.

IMG_20201011_072222.jpg

IMG_20201014_115516.jpg

IMG_20201014_072735.jpg

Big week, big grid

collage (6).jpeg

Open Mike Eagle joins Koreatown Oddity and Jack Garrett as some of my favorite projects of the year. I need to spend more time with contenders Sasha, Serengeti and Sylvan Esso, but I've enjoyed what I've heard. Homeboy Sandman, Spillage Village and Black Thought have some great tracks, will probably be revisiting them too.

My week

topsters2 (6).jpg

Listening to records then streaming that album on spotify has really messed up my last.fm. So many albums are scrobbling differently (this week it was Alanis and the beatles) means i gotta make the collage myself on topsters.

Honestly i never really cared about jagged little pill before but something about it just really clicked with me this week, even ironic, a song i used to completely hate, just clicked and i couldnt get enough of it

My week....

Sturgill’s new album is amazing, even if it is old songs. Neil is cause 33 1/3. Petty. I’m exploring shoegaze cause of @blissfullychaotic . @Matt M woke up the listening thread. I don’t have Hesitation Marks on vinyl but a Discogs shake lead me there after playing Bad Witch (the shake result), I listened to Add Violence and then wanted to listen to more...

I mean Sharon Jones, Prine, Petty and Johnny! Budos Band definitely releases my favorite instrumental album of the year. Lush is this week’s shoegaze fix - They and Les Discrets lead me to the Cure. Haim shows back up and Sturgill hangs in there.

Last week -

I don't think Instagram photos will display here anymore

I don't think Instagram photos will display here anymore
I was noticing a few others having issues, guess I'll stop with that!

Back