Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week in music

collage (23).jpeg

Breakdown:

I've been listening to the Dua Lipa "Future Nostalgia" remix album a few times this week. I've finally checked out the recent Perfume Genius album and think it's very good. Really enjoying to listen to Blossom Dearie, wonderful record.
Apart from that a good mixture of both great albums streamed and played on vinyl.

Last week:

1599255273050.png

Breakdown
Got RSD records spun, (many times in a row in the case of Vroom Vroom EP!) and still stuck on the Kelly Lee Owens release...really wonderful dream pop/techno hybrid. Seeing Millions Now Living Will Never Die in the Pre Order Thread had me impulse purchase. Listening after, I found it just as enrapturing as TNT, perhaps a little more experimental. Loved the Necrot release...solid death metal that doesn't have any unexpected twists and turns and sticks to its roots. Khemmis rules, too ;)

Love dictates the listens... if Spotify didn’t do weird things, Phish’s Farmhouse would be in at 9. Chamber Brothers showing strong because of the Love 33 1/3. Mag showed up. I also tortured my wife with little kids playing Sun Ra.

My week in music

collage (24).jpeg

If you're wondering what Mariah Carey's Christmas albums do in there this time of year, it's because I was playing some other Mariah Carey songs and my boyfriend asked me to put on her Christmas albums for fun, which I did haha.
Apart from this enjoying Perfume Genius, the last N&G AotM, the Destroyer album and listening to some Britney this week. Oh and I had totally forgotten about the old Jen Cloher album, it's pretty good. I hadn't listened to it in a long while.

Last week:

1599882948981.png

Breakdown
A lot of stuff to dance to. At least, that's what I was going for. Just a feeble attempt to distract myself from the recently added environmental troubles we have in the Pacific Northwest.
Fan of Avalanches? Try out Besides by CHANCE デラソウル. Lots of groovy, craftily segued jams packed into a 32 minute experience. Really loving the other Tortoise album that was recommended in the relevant N&G RotM thread, and it's right there with TNT in terms of personal enjoyment.

So I fell down a rabbit hole on YouTube with Waylon this week which led to me listening to the Box Set - its be nice if Last FM pulled from what you actually scrobbled.... Love still dominates my listens this month. Metallica is because it was a rough week. Kris is because Waylon. I’ve gotten a little antsy on next months 33 1/3 deep dive there and really I’m always down with Neil. The rest except for the exceptional Magnolia Discovery Pick is because the Spotify gods have decided that 60’s blues rock gods needs tI be paid tribute to and who am I to argue with that kind of ask?

Back