Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week:
A26A3035-3670-47B7-8F7D-8475E17B8D67.jpeg
My dive into A Love Supreme sent me down a rabbit hole with the quartet... my thinking is if I understand where they came from maybe I’ll understand what everyone else hears/experiences. New Johnny and McCartney vinyl acquisitions got repeat spins. That new Idris is awesome. The wrong s/t Kinks album (Black is the right one), the current N&G ROTM and one of the best albums of the year makes a guest appearance.

Last edited:
My week in music

collage (19).jpeg

I have mostly been listening to some vinyl last week, and to some song playlists. Elephant Heart is a world music electronic act that I came across while watching some of the Lollapalooza Chicago performances recently. Michele Morrone is an Italian singer and actor that I came across while listening to Spotify playlists. Both aren't available on vinyl as far as I know.

My week in music

View attachment 61475

I have mostly been listening to some vinyl last week, and to some song playlists. Elephant Heart is a world music electronic act that I came across while watching some of the Lollapalooza Chicago performances recently. Michele Morrone is an Italian singer and actor that I came across while listening to Spotify playlists. Both aren't available on vinyl as far as I know.
I used to love Rise Against when I was younger but can't say I've kept up with them in some years. They still have some jams though, I always loved this song

I used to love Rise Against when I was younger but can't say I've kept up with them in some years. They still have some jams though, I always loved this song

The story behind the Rise Against record is that @BazookaTooth had asked me if he could have my faulty VMP Shabaka copy. I've checked his PIFs and found him offering this Rise Against record. I already have their album "Wolves" on vinyl and listening to RPM which was among his PIFs and liking it, I decided to ask if I could exchange Shabaka for it. I don't know them too well, but I agree they have some great jams. It's nice I can explore their music further now. 🙂

Last week:

1597424682541.png

Breakdown
Back to work today after a 2 week quarantine. Decided to go for a mix of the (relatively) old and new. Seeing @Bluecloud777's 3x3s and 4x4s as of late had motivated me to revisit a top 5 all-timer (Music has the Right to Children) and a couple of older picks; death metal was something that I was curious to give another chance, having despised it in my youth. Might venture towards other death metal picks in the future; BtBaM and Opeth clicked almost instantly. Still waiting for the first half of Reflections to gel, but I'm confident it'll happen soon.

My week:

collage (57).jpeg

I was so happy to find out Hurt Everybody was finally available on Spotify, such a gem of Chicago hip hop. Standing on the Corner really made me want the impossible to find vinyl. I pulled the trigger on buying Drama on vinyl when I noticed they had signed copies on BC. Tkay, Amine, and Black Noi$e were all just ok, may need to revisit them.

1E7ED30A-662B-4005-A27D-E95687D08090.jpeg

It was a good week for music. In addition to finally receiving my copy of When The Pawn, I listened to the new version of Beck's Hyperspace (which is currently streaming, even though the vinyl doesn't come out until December). I haven't had a chance to check out the Listening Club pick yet but will do that this week.

My week

20200817_130403.jpg

Makeout creek is easily my least favorite mitski album (not including her first 2, havent heard them fully yet) but the three track hit starting with townie is probably the best in her discography

Also I dont remember listening to jessie ware that much this week but there she is lol

Kathleen Edwards! Courtney Marie Andrews (seriously this is her best album)! Fantastic Negrito! Reading the 33 1/3 series caused the deep dive in Dusty, the second appearance is the longer deluxe. Gonna explore the Coltrane Quartet for quite a while. Thundercat still gets a lot of listens. Fugazi!!! Kamasi!!

Last week:

1598048471627.png

Breakdown
Got the Dead Can Dance on a whim from the DD sale, and I LOVE it (after a digital runthrough)! Exactly the kind of moody, depressive atmosphere I crave heading into autumn.
Starting to get worried about being stuck in a routine of listening to my favorites too frequently. 😥 With all of the new weekly releases, I'm not giving as much attention to those, and I am running out of time in the year to add to my Top 40/50 year end list.

Back