Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

Maybe one day I'll be on time.
Last week:

collage.jpeg

Breakdown
Some political and aggressive (experimental?) selections the past few days...still not trying out much new music. Now that the "best of" lists are starting to trickle in from the usual music review outlets, I'll probably give some of the ones I don't recognize a go. Of course, I'm far more confident in trusting the lists of people on N&G; our taste is impeccable ;)
Oh, and the Somni record continues to have my attention. It has been climbing up my "best of" standings and could potentially be top 10 for me.

Maybe one day I'll be on time.
Last week:

View attachment 51254

Breakdown
Some political and aggressive (experimental?) selections the past few days...still not trying out much new music. Now that the "best of" lists are starting to trickle in from the usual music review outlets, I'll probably give some of the ones I don't recognize a go. Of course, I'm far more confident in trusting the lists of people on N&G; our taste is impeccable ;)
Oh, and the Somni record continues to have my attention. It has been climbing up my "best of" standings and could potentially be top 10 for me.

Otoboke Beaver!

On time, at last!
Last week (last 5 days, more accurately):

LastFmJune.jpg

Breakdown
Nothing new here at all, and I am falling embarrassingly behind on new releases. Heaven to a Tortured Mind has now clicked wholly and I am ready to venture into owning a physical copy. I am also pretty certain this will move up to Tier I in an updated "Best of" list. Warming up to Carly's newest slowly but surely...some of these tracks are forgettable, with some solid bops sprinkled in. Somni and Caribou continue to have my attention. Found an old Sarah McLachlan CD my mom had in my youth and found the music comforting...didn't realize how many of her songs I recognized aside from the emotive and eternal "Angel."

I have not tried this yet personally but somebody made a tool that lets you edit your old scrobbles to fix various errors and merge listings

So, to follow up... It looks like Pro members of last.fm can edit old scrobbles but only one track at a time. This script lets you do it in bulk but requires a computer. I might consider subscribing to pro for a month if I meant I could get rid of all of my duplicates.

My week in music

collage (5).jpeg

Breakdown:

I've chosen a 4x4 as I've listened to a lot this week. It includes several new records I got like Candy Dulfer, Liam Gallagher and the first 2 N&G RotMs I've bought. A few records come from checking out and enjoying albums mentioned in guess threads like Ice Cube, Prince Paul and The Knife.

Gorillaz was strong this week. I'm really looking forward to G-Sides and D-Sides being released on vinyl for RSD later this year. 🔥Also the new Idles being announced made me listen to their Live performance at the Bataclan in Paris in December 2018. I think they're an awesome live band.

Back