Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

30E515DE-C289-4274-B1A7-DFF0C720015E.jpeg

Breakdown

I’ve been on vacation so haven’t listened to anything really since Wednesday. The one exception is the new Jessie Ware which I just could not wait for! RENAISSANCE and What’s Your Pleasure were my travel albums because I just wanted old favorites and dance. Everything below them were mainly from playlists. Kali Uchis at number one again because she just scratches an itch and I can’t stop coming back to it

collage.php

I hate the production on the Jones but absolutely love the music. Some solid classical flute with Walker & Watkins. Fish is the sole appearance from the project. Smashing Punpkins sound like Newsboys, not a fan. The Woods/Segall is solid. The rest are faves!

collage.php

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Durand Jones - Wait Til I get Over
The Doors
Daft Punk - Random Access amemories
Young Fathers - Heavy Heavy
Buffalo Springfield aagain
Algiers - Shook
Tony Allen and Hug Masekela - Rejoice
Kelela - Raven

It’s an all favorites and all project week.

I’m getting over the shitty production of the Jones record but it really does lessen what is a great album.

collage.php

1. Ironsides - Changing Light
2. Radiohead - The Bends
3. Sarah Vaughan - At Mister Kelly’s
4. Moby - Play
5. Tina Turner - All the Best
6. Brandy Clark - Brandy Clark
7. Leftover Salmon - Grass Roots
8. Dolly Parton - Little Sparrow
9. David Bowie - Legacy

Last edited:
Week 19

Breakdown
I found some songs of the new long Smashing Pumpkins album quite enjoyable, maybe about 1/3 of it, but enough to create a usual album's length playlist. Apart from that a lot ot German electro pop band Mia and Christine and the Queens. I've seen Cardigan's singer Nina Parssons live with James Yorkston, some nice nearly folk like concert in a small jazz bar in Bonn.

Week 20

Breakdown
I've enjoyed Bar Italia's new album, also Kesha had been far better than what I had expected. Mega Bog was quite enjoyable too. Still listening to the Crooked Colours album, it's an Australian indie pop synth band. Ava Max was listened to in connection to seeing her live
I had forgotten to do week 21, so I post again this early Saturday

Back