Dave Mason Alone Together
Bob Seger And The Silver Bullet Band Night Moves
Buckingham Nicks Buckingham Nicks
Steely Dan Aja
Billy Joel The Stranger
Roxy Music Avalon
The Police Ghost In The Machine
Peter Gabriel So
Was wondering when some of these names would pop up.. added to the list!! Thanks

my collection is depressingly lacking classic rock (even though it's one of my favorites??? younger me who had too much money was really into buying indie shit and little else, and broke adult me is broke) so i'm mostly posting in this thread to keep getting notifications to tell me what to buy when i get my tax return

anyway, my top 3
rumours - fleetwood mac
pendulum - ccr
transformer - lou reed

honorary mentions:
s/t - velvet underground
revolver - the beatles
diamond dogs - bowie
purple rain - prince

Some that would place higher than Supertramp now that searched for stuff I don't have tagged as Classic Rock...

Crosby Stills and Nash - S/T (Recent Rhino reissue is nice, Bernie Grundman, Pressed at Pallas)
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Deja Vu (I have an OG that sounds great but the sleeve is beat...but I've been kinda hoping this one would get a nice reissue)
CCR - Green River (the new CCR half-speed remasters are nice!)

Up to 111 Albums so far.. some stats:

Led Zeppelin the leader in the clubhouse with 7 total albums suggested, followed by Dylan with 5 and Bowie and the Beatles with 4 a piece.

Some that would place higher than Supertramp now that searched for stuff I don't have tagged as Classic Rock...

Crosby Stills and Nash - S/T (Recent Rhino reissue is nice, Bernie Grundman, Pressed at Pallas)
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Deja Vu (I have an OG that sounds great but the sleeve is beat...but I've been kinda hoping this one would get a nice reissue)
CCR - Green River (the new CCR half-speed remasters are nice!)
Though I wouldn't consider CS&N classic rock, CCR is definitely Classic Rock in my books!

Not sure what "classic rock" is defined as year-wise or even genre-wise...but in terms of older Rock that might not have been mentioned yet after a quick skim, these are some great ones to pick up and check out:

Lou Reed - Transformer
T. Rex - The Slider
Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes
Television - Marquee Moon

Apparently I really like albums that came out in 1972 lately...
The year Kevin "Big Daddy Boom Boom"Gray was born...

actually that's probably not true

Rolling Stones - Aftermath
Nick Lowe - Music for Money
Talking Heads - Remain in Light

Honourable Mentions (because 3 is not enough):
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
Thank you ! Added to the list!!

Back