Your Top 3 Classic Rock Albums

So I built the sheet and entered all the recommendations up to this point. Included artist, album, pressing recommendations, who recommended it and whether I currently own it or have purchased it based on this forum and then a spot for any comments on the album.

I have purchased 6 of them so far, and will report back with my thoughts once I get them!

Keep em coming!

Thanks!
If you like nerding over the best pressings and spreadsheets, then you need to check out the Definitive Audiophile Pressings thread

So I built the sheet and entered all the recommendations up to this point. Included artist, album, pressing recommendations, who recommended it and whether I currently own it or have purchased it based on this forum and then a spot for any comments on the album.

Out of the 84 albums already mentioned, I own 19 of them and have now purchased 6 more. I'll report back with my thoughts once I get them!

Keep em coming!

Thanks!
does this mean we can make a second list ? :D

If you like nerding over the best pressings and spreadsheets, then you need to check out the Definitive Audiophile Pressings thread
We should definitely make some kind of searchable record of all the titles mentioned in there!

Classic rock seems mostly to be a catch-all term to describe rock music from the 60s and 70s, but as newer generations are born and grow up, their definition of what "classic" means obviously changes. I don't know what the cut off for being considered as classic rock is tho. If Nirvana is considered classic rock, then by that logic Radiohead's "Creep" would probably be considered a classic rock song by the same people.

Classic rock seems mostly to be a catch-all term to describe rock music from the 60s and 70s, but as newer generations are born and grow up, their definition of what "classic" means obviously changes. I don't know what the cut off for being considered as classic rock is tho. If Nirvana is considered classic rock, then by that logic Radiohead's "Creep" would probably be considered a classic rock song by the same people.

The classic rock station we have here seems to play Livin’ On A Prayer and Comfortably Numb on repeat in some kinds of deadly rotation of the damned. Man do I hate that station.

The classic rock station we have here seems to play Livin’ On A Prayer and Comfortably Numb on repeat in some kinds of deadly rotation of the damned. Man do I hate that station.
We rented a car the other week and put the radio on. The "classic rock" station near me was playing The Wallflowers - One Headlight. I turned it off immediately and we sat in silence for the next 40 minutes.

We rented a car the other week and put the radio on. The "classic rock" station near me was playing The Wallflowers - One Headlight. I turned it off immediately and we sat in silence for the next 40 minutes.

Its so bad that I listen to current affairs talk radio and man can the Irish talk. Still better than that tripe.

I don't even honestly hate the song. But just the idea that a song that came out in the late 90s is now "classic rock" really depressed me.

Honestly I feel old and knackered enough that I can accept that the music of my youth is no longer the zeitgeist and so belongs on such channels, I just really can’t stand 80s hair metal or prog, which seems to pose a bit of problem lol.

I actually just found that! lol

Back