Your Top 3 Classic Rock Albums

Last edited:
Any recommendations on good Thin Lizzy reissues? Or are early pressings the way to go?
Agree with @AnthonyI although those recent reissues are pretty nice too. I just think those earlier presses have more of an organic touch to the sound quality.

if you can find those newer represses for a deal, don’t hesitate. They sound great, although I’m not too positive on whether they are all analogue or not.

I love that this simple request for some suggested classic rock titles grew into a spreadsheet of over 150 titles with growing amount of best pressing info. Go team!!
I'm thrilled! Keep them coming! Now that the list is out there, keep firing additions at me and I'll keep updating!

I'm thrilled! Keep them coming! Now that the list is out there, keep firing additions at me and I'll keep updating!

Deep Purple Machine Head
Electric Light Orchestra Out Of The Blue
Donald Fagen The Nightfly
The Stooges The Stooges
Iggy & The Stooges Raw Power
The Eagles Hotel California
Pat Benatar Crimes Of Passion
Rush Moving Pictures
Yes Fragile

Last edited:
A couple of bands that were very popular in the 70s but (looks like) haven't passed the test of time quite as well as many who've been mentioned--still worth checking out.

Grand Funk Railroad - Closer to Home and/or We're and American Band
The Guess Who - Canned Wheat and/or American Woman

Oh, and there probably should be more than one Kinks album on the list!! For their album you already have on the list, this most recent reissue/remaster is superb: Kinks – Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround (Part One) (2020, 50th Anniversary, Vinyl)

Back