Your Top 3 Classic Rock Albums

One is a concert, one is a documentary. Propaganda ? Don't know what your smokin man lol. You mean Robbie's opinion/commentary about The Band ?, yes. I will believe Robbie over junkies.
I mean, obviously I was being hyperbolic with the word, but Once Were Brothers is specifically based on Robbie's memoir, and it's not exactly controversial that the non-concert parts of the Last Waltz are extremely Robbie-centric.

I read somewhere that Scorsese was really unhappy with Neil Young's stunt of walking onstage with a rock of cocaine the size of a grape stuck in his nostril. Editing that out was a nightmare evidently. Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll!

I don't know how to link GIFs here, but this one of Van Morrison just shows how much drugs were floating about that gig...

I don't know how to link GIFs here, but this one of Van Morrison just shows how much drugs were floating about that gig...

Ronnie Hawkins said that the Band bought a 40K briefcase full of Coke for that show, it was so cut with flour they bought another one for another 40K. ;) (Don't do drugs kids)

The Last Waltz is indeed a must watch, I've seen it many, many times over the years, worth it for Van's performance and Rick doing Makes No Difference and The Night They Drove .. Funny as shit too !

I always enjoyed the few moments we get from Garth. Always thought of him as the crazy genius. Only wish they would not cut the rest of Chest Fever.

Last edited:
A couple of bands that were very popular in the 70s but (looks like) haven't passed the test of time quite as well as many who've been mentioned--still worth checking out.

Grand Funk Railroad - Closer to Home and/or We're and American Band
The Guess Who - Canned Wheat and/or American Woman

Oh, and there probably should be more than one Kinks album on the list!! For their album you already have on the list, this most recent reissue/remaster is superb: Kinks – Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround (Part One) (2020, 50th Anniversary, Vinyl)
American Woman is a really solid album. Just got a nice pressing of that one recently. The extended intro on American Woman is rad

Here’s my 2 cents:

Pink Floyd-The Wall
Jethro Tull- Songs From The Wood
Yes- Fragile
Rush- 2112
Janis Joplin- Pearl
Led Zeppelin III
The Kinks- Muswell Hillbillies
The Beatles- White Album
Pentangle- Cruel Sister
Little Feat-Waiting For Columbus
David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust
I’ve been listening to Consequence of Sounds The Opus podcast, Pearl was the season I just finished... man deep diving that album really brought it to life for me.

I’ve been listening to Consequence of Sounds The Opus podcast, Pearl was the season I just finished... man deep diving that album really brought it to life for me.
The 45 MoFi (not the One Step) should be back in stock soon if 45 isn’t a turn off for ya. I gotta check out that podcast. You’re the 2nd person I’ve seen mention it today!

Also @HiFi Guy - I recently picked up Thick as a Brick. I guess I buying the disco in release order...

The 45 MoFi (not the One Step) should be back in stock soon if 45 isn’t a turn off for ya. I gotta check out that podcast. You’re the 2nd person I’ve seen mention it today!
45 is not a turn off for me, but I am quite happy with my og.

Here’s my 2 cents:

Pink Floyd-The Wall
Jethro Tull- Songs From The Wood
Yes- Fragile
Rush- 2112
Janis Joplin- Pearl
Led Zeppelin III
The Kinks- Muswell Hillbillies
The Beatles- White Album
Pentangle- Cruel Sister
Little Feat-Waiting For Columbus
David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust
I was wondering if I'd see you here!! Thanks for the recommendations! Added to the list! Love the Wall and was surprised it hadn't been mentioned yet.. love 2112.. have never heard of Pentangle.. might be blind buy #5..

Also @HiFi Guy - I recently picked up Thick as a Brick. I guess I buying the disco in release order...

45 is not a turn off for me, but I am quite happy with my og.
Well, that means 1973 is next- A Passion Play. It got hammered by critics. I dig it. In any event, what do critics know? They’ve never had VD and won’t even sit on toilet seats. You’ll have to get to 1974- War Child to get the reference.

Same.. need to figure out what that podcast is all about!

Forgot that I was putting these 4 not before heard albums here.. so here it is..

Big Star
#1 Album

The 3rd of 4 albums from the Top 3 Classic Rock Albums thread that I had never heard of before and bought unheard.. thanks to @wokeupnew for the recommendation! We're a perfect 3 for 3 on these as I am really enjoying it.. played it back to back actually!548CFE5C-CB67-4614-8B4F-2CCC02A4E057.jpeg

Last edited:
Back