Your Fave is Problematic

I suppose this goes here:

What is a Puberty Blocker?

Yeah this has been an open secret for years, he's a nightmare. I remember when he used to come through Toronto his assistants would go try to round up women for him, happened to one of my friends when we all worked in the bar scene. "Jimmy thinks you're cute, he wants you to have some drinks with him." He's been married since 2007 by the way...

Yeah this has been an open secret for years, he's a nightmare. I remember when he used to come through Toronto his assistants would go try to round up women for him, happened to one of my friends when we all worked in the bar scene. "Jimmy thinks you're cute, he wants you to have some drinks with him." He's been married since 2007 by the way...
Gross.

Probably no one’s fave, but

And Andrew Tate is coming to his defence. SMH

I’m depressingly not even remotely surprised. He just oozes toxicity. He’s been hiding in plain sight telling us exactly what he is for years. I can see there being a worrying number of victims of him down the years.

I’m depressingly not even remotely surprised. He just oozes toxicity. He’s been hiding in plain sight telling us exactly what he is for years. I can see there being a worrying number of victims of him down the years.
I assumed that he slinked away years ago because of this, but no it was to become conspiracy theory/wellness guru.

I assumed that he slinked away years ago because of this, but no it was to become conspiracy theory/wellness guru.

With strange a far right libertarian flavoured politics of apathy thrown in.
I saw an article or post somewhere theorizing about how they thought prominent people, who know that a scandal like this will eventually break, will shift towards the right and start adopting their policies. and that they do this so when allegations, such as this arise, they can shift the narrative towards "hey they're trying to take me down because I was one of them, saw the truth, switched sides and now they're out to get me". and looking at some of the support he's getting from that side it feels like it's a pretty solid theory.

Probably no one’s fave, but

Isn’t he just the hippie English version of Joe Rogan? They like to think they are intelligent and logical, but if any of there ideas were to go up in front of any type of rigor they would get that asses handed to them.

Reactions: Jan
Isn’t he just the hippie English version of Joe Rogan? They like to think they are intelligent and logical, but if any of there ideas were to go up in front of any type of rigor they would get that asses handed to them.
he is just staying free by asking the hard questions (or some variation on the theme)

Add a large flowery vocabulary of lesser used words that he uses to garnish his unintelligible nonsense and you’ve got it.

I suppose this goes here:

What is a Puberty Blocker?

No a problematic take imo. I was raised going to drag shows, my favorite college professor is trans and I believe 1000% in letting people live their fucking lives.

But teenagers should not be taking puberty blockers, nor having sex changes. Being a teenager is about figuring out who the fuck you are. My brother sucked dick in HS . My best friend from early childhood thought she was lesbian for 5 years. Both are married to the opposite sex now.

The point being-- if I ever have a kid, they are gonna be free to dress however they want. And if they want me to flip their pronouns, that's fine too. If they want piercings or tattoos- I'd likely sign off on that too. But there is no way I'd let them use puberty blockers or make any other irreversible, life altering decisions of that variety until they are firmly an adult, have had years to think about it and their brain is close to fully developed.

Last edited:
until they are firmly an adult, have had years to think about it and their brain is close to fully developed.
You become an adult in this country well before your brain is fully developed, and I'm sure many of these kids start thinking about this stuff prior to their teenage years. Point being that some may grow to resent their parents because they see the lack of action as irreversible to who they believe to be their sense of self.

As a parent, I still don't know the stance I'll choose to take with my own kids. It's a difficult topic that should be approached with care and not the kneejerk reactions I see everywhere else.

Back