Wilco (The Thread)

This is an excellent package. Really well done with the heavyweight jacket and booklet. The splatter looks cool too.
YES! I'm really really pleased with it. Both records are flat, beautiful packaging, sounds tremendous! A beautiful cap on a year that I got to read Tweedy's book, see Tweedy live in March, get a new Wilco album, and see Wilco live last month.

With just days to go before Wilco's four-night hometown Winterlude residency at the Chicago Theater, we've got fun news to share.

For the first time, the band will host a pop-up retail shop. The WilcoSouvenir Shop by Oxford Pennant (located at Fieldhouse Jones) will open for business on Saturday, Dec. 14th, from 5:30-9:30pm. Swing by the opening party to get custom chain stitching, the first chance at new Wilco goodies, and even gear from Jeff's personal collection. Can't make it for the kick off? The shop will be open from 10am-6pm Sunday, Dec. 15th through Wednesday, Dec. 18th at 312 W. Chestnut St.

In addition to an expansive collection of new merchandise, The Wilco Souvenir Shop will be the ONLY place to pick up the new Ode to Joy Chicago Edition Vinyl. Using paper recycled from the original Ode to Joy Art Book printing process, we created 1,500 LP sleeves that are truly one-of-a-kind. Paired with uncolored vinyl from our new friends at Smashed Plastic, the final product is one we're really excited about. A fresh quantity will be set out each day at the store and will be available on a first-come first-serve basis.

As an added bonus, Fieldhouse Jones is offering up a discount on rooms booked during Winterlude. So if you want to stay in the middle of the action, book now using the code ODETOJOY.

We'll miss those of you who can't join us in Chicago next week; but you can tune in from across the globe to Thursday night's performance, which will be streaming live at 8:30pm CT on WXRT.

We love you Chicago. - HQ

With just days to go before Wilco's four-night hometown Winterlude residency at the Chicago Theater, we've got fun news to share.

For the first time, the band will host a pop-up retail shop. The WilcoSouvenir Shop by Oxford Pennant (located at Fieldhouse Jones) will open for business on Saturday, Dec. 14th, from 5:30-9:30pm. Swing by the opening party to get custom chain stitching, the first chance at new Wilco goodies, and even gear from Jeff's personal collection. Can't make it for the kick off? The shop will be open from 10am-6pm Sunday, Dec. 15th through Wednesday, Dec. 18th at 312 W. Chestnut St.

In addition to an expansive collection of new merchandise, The Wilco Souvenir Shop will be the ONLY place to pick up the new Ode to Joy Chicago Edition Vinyl. Using paper recycled from the original Ode to Joy Art Book printing process, we created 1,500 LP sleeves that are truly one-of-a-kind. Paired with uncolored vinyl from our new friends at Smashed Plastic, the final product is one we're really excited about. A fresh quantity will be set out each day at the store and will be available on a first-come first-serve basis.

As an added bonus, Fieldhouse Jones is offering up a discount on rooms booked during Winterlude. So if you want to stay in the middle of the action, book now using the code ODETOJOY.

We'll miss those of you who can't join us in Chicago next week; but you can tune in from across the globe to Thursday night's performance, which will be streaming live at 8:30pm CT on WXRT.

We love you Chicago. - HQ
Did anyone attend any of the interlude?

Finally picked up the November issue of Uncut that features a Wilco Covered CD, featuring versions from Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett, James Elkington, Parquet Courts, Cate Le Bon, and more. Halfway through the CD right now and it's great. Once I figure out how I can rip it (no disc drive on my laptop), I'll gladly share the mp3s with any of you who would like it. Full tracklist here:

Finally picked up the November issue of Uncut that features a Wilco Covered CD, featuring versions from Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett, James Elkington, Parquet Courts, Cate Le Bon, and more. Halfway through the CD right now and it's great. Once I figure out how I can rip it (no disc drive on my laptop), I'll gladly share the mp3s with any of you who would like it. Full tracklist here:

Would definitely be interested in hearing that, thanks. Courtney joined the band for "Handshake Drugs" at their Solid Sound Festival last summer, taking lead vocals and jamming with Nels on an extended solo. I'm still filled with joy every time I think about it.

Would definitely be interested in hearing that, thanks. Courtney joined the band for "Handshake Drugs" at their Solid Sound Festival last summer, taking lead vocals and jamming with Nels on an extended solo. I'm still filled with joy every time I think about it.
Co-Sign.
I need to know if I'm going to add this to the collection when the Pink/White Blue/White Swirl 2 LP Pressing is the 2020 RSD Release that Wilco puts out this year.

...and then a limited color variant a few months after that...just like Jeff did with Warm/Warmer....
I understand why people were upset about it, but I was personally happy because I didn't want to pay flipper prices and was able to get the box set. I'd be more pissed if the RSD version was a crazy price at retail but IIRC, it wasn't. And the package was different from the RSD one too.

I understand why people were upset about it, but I was personally happy because I didn't want to pay flipper prices and was able to get the box set. I'd be more pissed if the RSD version was a crazy price at retail but IIRC, it wasn't. And the package was different from the RSD one too.

All I'm saying is...if I had known in advance about the Box Set, I wouldn't have gotten my ass up at the crack of dawn and stood in line in the freezing cold on RSD to make sure that i didn't pay flipper prices. I was never going to need to own two copies of either of these and some advance warning of the very nice Box Set would have been appreciated.

I know Wilco loves me...but Jeff all by himself....

WILCO x DANIEL JOHNSTON
dj.jpg

There is and was only one Daniel and to be able to work with him and help present his music was a huge honor for me and the band, one for which we are all very thankful." - Jeff Tweedy

On Jan. 31, dBpm Records will release the late Daniel Johnston's final album, Chicago 2017.

Chicago 2017
includes new arrangements of 14 Johnston's most beloved songs, plus one Beatles cover. Nine of which are performed live at The Vic in Chicago backed by Tweedy (the band comprised of Jeff and Spencer Tweedy, James Elkington, Darin Gray and Liam Kazar), and five pulled from the previous day’s session at Wilco’s Chicago studio, The Loft.

All profits from this release will be donated to the Johnston family’s “Hi How Are You” Foundation for the study and treatment of mental illness and addiction recovery. It is available to preorder on black/white/blue splatter vinyl now.

Preorders include an instant download of the song "Worried Shoes."

Ode to Joy Chicago edition (and other Oxford Pennant merch from the Winterlude pop up) available here

I was on the fence about this one - my last couple of Wilco shows have been underwhelming and S-K isn’t my fave - but I just picked up some SWEET tickets (6th row center) for Forest Hills so I guess I’m going. Love that venue.

I saw MMJ there last year and there was NO seats on the floor.
Standing room only for that show.
That was my first time there so I didn't understand the seating chart situation when I bought tickets.
I thought I was getting first row floor...but I got 1st row on the Bowl left of the stage.

I would have preferred your seats...but I've seen them maybe 15 times so this will just be a different way to experience them.

I saw MMJ there last year and there was NO seats on the floor.
Standing room only for that show.
That was my first time there so I didn't understand the seating chart situation when I bought tickets.
I thought I was getting first row floor...but I got 1st row on the Bowl left of the stage.

I would have preferred your seats...but I've seen them maybe 15 times so this will just be a different way to experience them.
Yeah - I was confused because I’ve never seen a show there that had seats on the floor. I almost threw them back for that reason - I assumed I was getting GA and would have preferred good lower bowl seats. But I looked at the seating chart for this show and lo and behold...

Back