Wilco (The Thread)

Thanks! I’m returning my 11-LP box and ordering this one. I realized that the main thing I want is the live album that I don’t need every outtake on vinyl.
Is yours the Silver Variant?
If so, I might be willing to purchase it from you depending on condition and asking price.

I got the Super Deluxe YHF (yes, I know...) and quality was not good. Soundwise very good, but four records quite warped.

So, had four records go through the record flattening experience at my local record shop and they came home much better. Just listening to some of the deep cuts now. What a treat this box set is!

To celebrate that energy prices are now (temporarily?) at their normal rate I went on and ordered the Summerteeth Box Set on vinyl. For some reason which I can't remember I didn't buy it when it came out. So, will be nice to get it. I'm completist on single albums with Wilco, but I am now considering just going all in on box sets of the albums too (maybe not AM). Slightly ridiculous perhaps, but Wilco is my nr 1 band in many respects and digging into the YHF backwaters had me intrigued on the excavation on Summerteeth (knowing that is more limited, but still).

To celebrate that energy prices are now (temporarily?) at their normal rate I went on and ordered the Summerteeth Box Set on vinyl. For some reason which I can't remember I didn't buy it when it came out. So, will be nice to get it. I'm completist on single albums with Wilco, but I am now considering just going all in on box sets of the albums too (maybe not AM). Slightly ridiculous perhaps, but Wilco is my nr 1 band in many respects and digging into the YHF backwaters had me intrigued on the excavation on Summerteeth (knowing that is more limited, but still).
Kinda where I'm at too. Loving the YHF set.

I have been waiting two years for them to repress non-box set version of Summerteeth since I know me and I'll never listen to any of the alternate tracks. But the longer I wait the more impatient I get and the more that box set seems like a reasonable investment. It's the only Wilco album I don't have...kills me I didn't snag it when I could.

Last edited:
I have been waiting two years for them to repress non-box seet version of Summerteeth since I know me and I'll never listen to any of the alternate tracks. But the longer I wait the more impatient I get and the more that box set seems like a reasonable investment. It's the only Wilco album I don't have...kills me I didn't snag it when I could.

I ended up grabbing it a couple of weeks ago too. It's getting a bit more scarce out there.

You have to assume they would re-press that at some point, no? Certainly they don't expect to sell exclusively deluxe editions of their back catalogue...right?

I'm fortunate to have most of the single Wilco albums on vinyl that I want right now, but I am in the same position as you all but for Being There. Don't want the full box on vinyl really but I need a copy of the album itself.

Am loving the Super Deluxe YHF as well, but on CD as that's my preferred format for bonus stuff. I'm going through it fairly slowly — I've got the rest of my life to soak it in, no need to rush through it. Plus, there are only so many times one can hear these songs in a week. But I have been enjoying the "American Aquarium" version immensely. It's inspired me to finally start learning to play some YHF songs on guitar. It's been a lot of fun getting to know these songs in new ways.

I have been waiting two years for them to repress non-box seet version of Summerteeth since I know me and I'll never listen to any of the alternate tracks. But the longer I wait the more impatient I get and the more that box set seems like a reasonable investment. It's the only Wilco album I don't have...kills me I didn't snag it when I could.

I have the double LP reissue from some years back. Is it difficult to get in the US now?

You have to assume they would re-press that at some point, no? Certainly they don't expect to sell exclusively deluxe editions of their back catalogue...right?

I'm fortunate to have most of the single Wilco albums on vinyl that I want right now, but I am in the same position as you all but for Being There. Don't want the full box on vinyl really but I need a copy of the album itself.

Am loving the Super Deluxe YHF as well, but on CD as that's my preferred format for bonus stuff. I'm going through it fairly slowly — I've got the rest of my life to soak it in, no need to rush through it. Plus, there are only so many times one can hear these songs in a week. But I have been enjoying the "American Aquarium" version immensely. It's inspired me to finally start learning to play some YHF songs on guitar. It's been a lot of fun getting to know these songs in new ways.

Yeah, it's one for the long haul! I really enjoy just knowing that I can take it slowly but steady with listening through it. It's a great document of what they were up to in those days.

Yeah, it's one for the long haul! I really enjoy just knowing that I can take it slowly but steady with listening through it. It's a great document of what they were up to in those days.
Same. And the essay and (especially) interview with Jeff, Glenn and Jim is illuminating. I never thought I'd want 7 CDs worth of material for a single album (and YHF isn't even my favourite Wilco album!) but it's such a nice set, very well put together and a treasure trove to dig through.

Wilco’s yearly sale is live:

1668741895464.png

Really digging the June '03 show recently added to Nugs! "Poor Places" and YHF in general really is a masterwork. Was there better rock music at the time? Not that I think of. Interesting "Spiders (Kidsmoke)," too, where they haven't quite figured out how to handle that beast yet. Cool to hear the context, at least, for someone who wasn't there at the time.

Really digging the June '03 show recently added to Nugs! "Poor Places" and YHF in general really is a masterwork. Was there better rock music at the time? Not that I think of. Interesting "Spiders (Kidsmoke)," too, where they haven't quite figured out how to handle that beast yet. Cool to hear the context, at least, for someone who wasn't there at the time.
“Poor Places” is such an amazing tune. I really enjoyed hearing its different iterations in the YHF box set.

So… Cruel Country vinyl retails at 65 dollars here in Norway.

That’s luxury pricing for a double LP. It lists as an import, so it seems it doesn’t get a Europe release yet. Think I’ll have to reach out to them and find out what’s going on. It’s getting to the point where I just can’t justify buying at that price point. Yes, I know, I got the YHF box but that is 11LP and a bit of a one off…

Back