Wilco (The Thread)

I got the 11 LP set today (thanks Target B2G1 sale!) and it is extremely impressive from a design standpoint and the book is something else (in a great way). This looks extremely well done all around.
I did not buy the box set. But my buddy did and shared the mp3s with me. The various early iterations of the songs are interesting. There’s also some live Summerteeth stuff that is really good & the best version of Cars Can’t Escape I’ve heard.

I haven’t heard anything about my 7LP set shipping, but I still did get sent the full deluxe mp3s… and it’s missing stuff? I’m confused. None of it is tagged right, so when you add them to Apple Music they are all split apart. But I’ve looked through the other discs - like the actual album and there are files missing completely. I’ve even tried downloading it all again. I don’t understand.

I haven’t heard anything about my 7LP set shipping, but I still did get sent the full deluxe mp3s… and it’s missing stuff? I’m confused. None of it is tagged right, so when you add them to Apple Music they are all split apart. But I’ve looked through the other discs - like the actual album and there are files missing completely. I’ve even tried downloading it all again. I don’t understand.
update:

Okay I realize the mistake. Some of it is just grouped incorrectly which is frustrating. But I Am Trying To Break Your Heart is missing from the remastered original album.

Also, Amazon has the super deluxe for 40% off…which is like what I paid for the 7Lp set and now I’m like…what do I do

Amazon product ASIN B09Y9JBNTN

I got the 11 LP set today (thanks Target B2G1 sale!) and it is extremely impressive from a design standpoint and the book is something else (in a great way). This looks extremely well done all around.
I received my 11-LP set yesterday, and must admit that my initial feeling was as disappointment at the fact that the LPs are not broken down the same way as the CD set.

What I mean is that the CD set presents the alternate versions of the album (American Aquarium, etc.) each in an individual disc. In contrast, the vinyl set jumbles them up so that American Aquarium plays over the course of three sides plus one track, and then the next alternate version starts on Side H, track 2. Personally, the main appeal of this set was the opportunity to have these “parallel-universe” self-contained albums. I considered (and to a certain extent, am still considering) returning the vinyl set and buying the CDs instead, because of the neater presentation.

That said… I listened to the American Aquarium tracks, and it was awesome. As usual, Wilco sounds pristine on vinyl, and the alternative arrangements are just a joy to hear. I want ALL the versions of “Poor Places.” I can’t wait to spin the next set of tracks tonight.

I received my 11-LP set yesterday, and must admit that my initial feeling was as disappointment at the fact that the LPs are not broken down the same way as the CD set.

What I mean is that the CD set presents the alternate versions of the album (American Aquarium, etc.) each in an individual disc. In contrast, the vinyl set jumbles them up so that American Aquarium plays over the course of three sides plus one track, and then the next alternate version starts on Side H, track 2. Personally, the main appeal of this set was the opportunity to have these “parallel-universe” self-contained albums. I considered (and to a certain extent, am still considering) returning the vinyl set and buying the CDs instead, because of the neater presentation.

That said… I listened to the American Aquarium tracks, and it was awesome. As usual, Wilco sounds pristine on vinyl, and the alternative arrangements are just a joy to hear. I want ALL the versions of “Poor Places.” I can’t wait to spin the next set of tracks tonight.

This makes me more comfortable with the decision to forego this one.

I'll listen to the digital tracks and keep an OG copy of YHF as my current White Whale instead.

This makes me more comfortable with the decision to forego this one.

I'll listen to the digital tracks and keep an OG copy of YHF as my current White Whale instead.
So far the streaming platforms don’t have all the tracks, unfortunately (they have “only” the 7-LP version), though I suppose that might change in the future.

I did listen to the second set of outtakes (Here Comes Everybody) and again it was a treat. I’ve already streamed the next set but am looking forward to hearing it on vinyl in the coming days.

At this point I’m leaning on keeping the vinyl set at least until I can snatch the CD box for sub-$40. If/when that happens I may just trade it in to my local for credit (or not!).

So far the streaming platforms don’t have all the tracks, unfortunately (they have “only” the 7-LP version), though I suppose that might change in the future.

I did listen to the second set of outtakes (Here Comes Everybody) and again it was a treat. I’ve already streamed the next set but am looking forward to hearing it on vinyl in the coming days.

At this point I’m leaning on keeping the vinyl set at least until I can snatch the CD box for sub-$40. If/when that happens I may just trade it in to my local for credit (or not!).
Now that’s the kind of decisiveness I can appreciate! 😉

My buddy passed along the mp3s.
It’s good to have friends with similar tastes in music.

Back