Wilco (The Thread)

Just an FYI for Wilco Stans and Completests : The Ode To Joy Art Book Edition is back on sale.
Down to $150.

Has anyone received Cruel Country on vinyl yet? Apparently some have already gotten theirs, and there's a (very bad) Discogs listing now without much info. It is becoming one of my top Wilco albums so I'd like to add it eventually, but any feedback on the sound/pressing quality would be appreciated before I shell out like $60 for it.

Has anyone received Cruel Country on vinyl yet? Apparently some have already gotten theirs, and there's a (very bad) Discogs listing now without much info. It is becoming one of my top Wilco albums so I'd like to add it eventually, but any feedback on the sound/pressing quality would be appreciated before I shell out like $60 for it.
F5B4A10A-89F3-4AE3-A82A-7EB2C91AB6F9.jpeg
Awesome mail day! I have not listened yet, but it’s a very very nice package - 24 postcards on an uncut sheet, printed inners, heavy cover, and I do notice CB in the deadwax 👀

Finally got around to spinning my copy of Cruel Country after having it a few days. It sounds wonderful. This has become the Wilco album that I think will continue aging best (of the more recent crop). I prefer it over everything since The Whole Love. Getting to watch the stream of them performing it live last year really helped showcase what's so good about these songs. I am really falling in love with this record even more now.

Finally got around to spinning my copy of Cruel Country after having it a few days. It sounds wonderful. This has become the Wilco album that I think will continue aging best (of the more recent crop). I prefer it over everything since The Whole Love. Getting to watch the stream of them performing it live last year really helped showcase what's so good about these songs. I am really falling in love with this record even more now.
Agree completely! It's quickly moved up into the top five Wilco albums for me. Seeing and hearing them perform a healthy portion of these songs live back in August was a real treat.

Agree completely! It's quickly moved up into the top five Wilco albums for me. Seeing and hearing them perform a healthy portion of these songs live back in August was a real treat.

Personally - I still prefer OTJ over CC - but maybe that's because I've seen the OTJ songs performed live and haven's for CC yet.

Personally - I still prefer OTJ over CC - but maybe that's because I've seen the OTJ songs performed live and haven's for CC yet.

OTJ is a fantastic record. Loved them on that first tour for it, too.

The Cruel Country songs were amazing last summer, too. You'll enjoy 'em.
I love OTJ too! Those songs were beautiful to hear live back on that tour... I would've liked to have heard a few more again on the CC tour last Summer, but those new songs are great live. The shows had altogether different vibes, but were both magical!

all for the OTJ love. thought that was their best album in a really long time when it came out and those songs were great live. Saw one of the winterlude shows that year and our section watched Trump get impeached on some guy's phone (on mute of course, we're not animals) between Sharon Van Etten's opening set and Wilco taking the stage.

Back