Wilco (The Thread)

Really nice set tonight! “Via Chicago” going straight into the outro for “Many Worlds” was as good as advertised, and then immediately followed by “At Least That’s What You Said.” The surprising highlight was when they dusted off “Spiders (Kidsmoke)” (because Michigan), usually not one of my favorites but this was the best rendition I’ve ever heard.

(Most importantly, my 6-year-old son held up even better than he did last year!)

Really nice set tonight! “Via Chicago” going straight into the outro for “Many Worlds” was as good as advertised, and then immediately followed by “At Least That’s What You Said.” The surprising highlight was when they dusted off “Spiders (Kidsmoke)” (because Michigan), usually not one of my favorites but this was the best rendition I’ve ever heard.

(Most importantly, my 6-year-old son held up even better than he did last year!)
Yes! They did Via Chicago with the Many Worlds coda in Indianapolis too!

Amazing show last night! We were also treated to "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" as the set closer. (And "At Least That's What You Said", too; love seeing Jeff play lead.) A lot of the Cruel Country material translated live really well, and it was great to see Pat get so much love. Was my partner's first time seeing them and while she's always enjoyed them when I've put them on, she's a bigger fan now. Our seats didn't hurt. (Bahamas and Kathleen Edwards were also fantastic. Perfect summer evening.)

PXL_20220819_020007123.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20220819_015417345.jpg

Amazing show last night! We were also treated to "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" as the set closer. (And "At Least That's What You Said", too; love seeing Jeff play lead.) A lot of the Cruel Country material translated live really well, and it was great to see Pat get so much love. Was my partner's first time seeing them and while she's always enjoyed them when I've put them on, she's a bigger fan now. Our seats didn't hurt. (Bahamas and Kathleen Edwards were also fantastic. Perfect summer evening.)

View attachment 149119View attachment 149120
Really looking forward to seeing Bahamas again next week, they've been fantastic each time I've seen them. Looking forward to Wilco too!

Not sure if anyone else here subscribes, but the first year of this newsletter has definitely been worth it! And not just for the recordings.

25% off everything in the Wilco store, including Roadcases.

Many excellent options to recommend, including the 5.27.22 show from Solid Sound where they played Cruel Country in its entirety.

25% off everything in the Wilco store, including Roadcases.

Many excellent options to recommend, including the 5.27.22 show from Solid Sound where they played Cruel Country in its entirety.

I just bought the Skatedeck.
Gonna look sweet in the Office.

Since cancelling my order months ago for the giant box set I’ve still been getting downloads in my email for singles throughout this rollout…so I’m thinking I’ll end up with the whole thing as a download?

I also just ordered the 7LP version…

The 'official' Wilco store states re: the current reissue of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot: "This 140g 2-LP original album features the original eleven songs remastered by Bob Ludwig and cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering on black vinyl." Looking at discogs listings for this release (in its various forms), none of them contain any information about Ludwig or Bellman. I'm trying to make sense of this before deciding whether to 'upgrade' from the 2002 Sundazed pressing I own.

The 'official' Wilco store states re: the current reissue of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot: "This 140g 2-LP original album features the original eleven songs remastered by Bob Ludwig and cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering on black vinyl." Looking at discogs listings for this release (in its various forms), none of them contain any information about Ludwig or Bellman. I'm trying to make sense of this before deciding whether to 'upgrade' from the 2002 Sundazed pressing I own.
I just got the 7LP box set and the main album is indeed cut by Bellman. I'd be very surprised if for some reason they did a totally different cut from the box set.

7LP box landed from Target this AM from the b2G1 sale (ended up being around $90 for the 7LP). Spinning the main album and it sounds fantastic. Not surprised (all their stuff sounds excellent on vinyl to me). Vinyl is flat and quiet. Looking forward to listening to the other discs in the set.

Back