Wilco (The Thread)

Yeah, well the Dead play(ed) One More Saturday Night at nearly every Saturday show too.
Just because they play it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also Bull Black Nova is a better showcase for Nels.
To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, just sharing the opinion of the guy who almost certainly has the heaviest hand when it comes to writing the setlist each night.

IG is slowly gaining on "I'm the Man Who Loves You" and the others ahead of it in the all time ranks:

Bull Black Nova is a great one live, but they have yet to play it on this tour. That said, it's in 34th place overall, which isn't bad all things considered.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you, just sharing the opinion of the guy who almost certainly has the heaviest hand when it comes to writing the setlist each night.

IG is slowly gaining on "I'm the Man Who Loves You" and the others ahead of it in the all time ranks:

Bull Black Nova is a great one live, but they have yet to play it on this tour. That said, it's in 34th place overall, which isn't bad all things considered.

I know you aren't disagreeing. (y)

I also recognize I am in the very large minority of the population when it comes to IG.
I just Ioathe that song.

As an FYI: I'm pretty sure that the stats on the website cannot be relied upon.
Its has "War on War" as played exactly one time at the John Anson Ford Ampetheather in 2002.

Its on YHF.
In 2008 and 2014 during Wilco's Residencies at the Riv in Chicago they famously played every song in the catalog at the time , which would have included War on War.

In 2017 Wilco also famously let the fans choose the Album to Play in its entirety during Solid Sound that year.
The fans chose Being There, and then Wilco surprised them with YHF in its entirety as the second set.

So that's at least +3 times War on War was played live and which are not credited on the site.
Just some food for thought.

Given that - I expect Bull Black Nova is more like #100 and IG is more like #3.

I also recognize I am in the very large minority of the population when it comes to IG.

I think you are. Personally I expect, and want, Wilco to play it at every show.

The setlists from these first few shows are shockingly good. I was afraid they would treat them as a continuation of the Ode to Joy tour, but instead it looks like it's more of a "we're back on the road playing all the hits" vibe.

Now I just need the Chicago show to go on as planned... and for my 5-year-old to not fall asleep during the set.

I know you aren't disagreeing. (y)

I just Ioathe that song.

As an FYI: I'm pretty sure that the stats on the website cannot be relied upon.
Its has "War on War" as played exactly one time at the John Anson Ford Ampetheather in 2002.

Its on YHF.
In 2008 and 2014 during Wilco's Residencies at the Riv in Chicago they famously played every song in the catalog at the time , which would have included War on War.

In 2017 Wilco also famously let the fans choose the Album to Play in its entirety during Solid Sound that year.
The fans chose Being There, and then Wilco surprised them with YHF in its entirety as the second set.

So that's at least +3 times War on War was played live and which are not credited on the site.
Just some food for thought.

Given that - I expect Bull Black Nova is more like #100 and IG is more like #3.
I'm sure you are right. Setlist.fm is only as accurate as the info uploaded by fans, and of course there are surely many missing shows/setlists.
Incidentally, I was at that Solid Sound show - and yes, they played Being There, then came back for an encore and played all of YHF straight through. Epic show, no doubt - and hey, no "Impossible Germany"!

Also, I'm an idiot and forgot to buy a virtual ticket to the Red Rocks show. Sadly, it looks as though they took it down from Nugs, but please tag me if you see it popping up elsewhere. Would love to see it after hearing all of the positive comments. I do have tickets to see them in Portland this fall, so not a total loss.

Last edited:
Unrelated, but that whole Alpha Mike Foxtrot comp is still quite a lovely treat. For my money it has the definitive version of "What Life" too, an under-rated gem in their discography.

I think you are. Personally I expect, and want, Wilco to play it at every show.

The setlists from these first few shows are shockingly good. I was afraid they would treat them as a continuation of the Ode to Joy tour, but instead it looks like it's more of a "we're back on the road playing all the hits" vibe.

Now I just need the Chicago show to go on as planned... and for my 5-year-old to not fall asleep during the set.
Yup. I was finding myself not all that psyched for Forest Hills next weekend, as my last couple of Wilco shows have left me disappointed. Then I checked the set lists yesterday and now I‘m much more excited.

As my wife reminded me, last night was actually our second time getting soaked at a Wilco show (Central Park 2011 being the first, this was way worse though). I did manage to get out of there with an orange 7” that’s not too worse for wear, though my poster got pretty jacked up (it’s not a great poster anyway).

Last edited:
For a variety of reasons we bailed on going tonight and will be tuning in. Wilco show 25 will have to wait till another day

If anyone is going and willing to grab a 7" for me please send me a DM 🙏
I'm also very interested in the 7". I have tickets to see them in October, but it's not clear as to whether they will still have it available. Thought I saw somewhere that it would only be available at August shows. In any case, if anyone happens to be at a show and can pick up an extra (or two), I would cover all costs and be much obliged. Thank you!

The 7"s might be done for cause last night was the last show of the Sleater-Kinney / Wilco tour. I would venture to guess they'll be on sale online soon.

I might be seeing Wilco in a couple of weeks at Moon River, but I haven't decided yet. I know band merch will be there, so if I see it, I'll grab one for someone.

Back