What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Going by max price my most valuable records are some I've bought back around the years 1998/2000. I didn't buy vinyl much back then as I often was listening to music on public transport and it was taking a lot longer to transfer vinyl to mp3s/CDs so I could listen to it while being out. I've only started getting into vinyl again in 2017.

Screenshot_20200718_103932_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200718_104113_com.android.chrome.jpg

Going by max price my most valuable records are some I've bought back around the years 1998/2000. I didn't buy vinyl much back then as I often was listening to music on public transport and it was taking a lot longer to transfer vinyl to mp3s/CDs so I could listen to it while being out. I've only started getting into vinyl again in 2017.

View attachment 57221

View attachment 57222
Extremely jealous of your Beck. Keep hoping they repress it!

Great stuff. How do those Killing Joke pressings sound? What’s the story re: your Never Mind the Bollocks pressing? The value of that Skinny Puppy record is bananas!

KJ sound good! EG pressings so nothing spectacular.

NMTB is an early UK press, 11 tracks, blank back. Not the “first 1,000” but early enough. One of my all-time top grabs, at my local record store for $5. One thin scratch on it. No idea why he priced it that cheap. Maybe missed it looking it up. He’s not a noob, he knows value.

The Puppy was another lucky timing buy, Facebook seller only wanted 25 bucks, I was like “are you sure?” :O

It’s crazy that Vulfpeck live at MSG has snuck into my top 10 median price list now. Vulfpeck pressed the MSG show on demand through bandcamp and they made $220,000 so there must be plenty of copies out there. This is one of those albums where it seems the first person to receive theirs threw it up on discogs and sold it for crazy amounts of money and it sadly set the market rate.

Extremely jealous of your Beck. Keep hoping they repress it!

Yes, it's crazy they still haven't repressed that album. It's such a great record, also sounds very good on vinyl.
Actually I wasn't aware that it's so rare until very few months ago when I finally did enter my records on discogs. As I've seen many other Beck records available/ repressed I simply assumed that one was also available too. Good luck that they repress it. 🙂

Yes, it's crazy they still haven't repressed that album. It's such a great record, also sounds very good on vinyl.
Actually I wasn't aware that it's so rare until very few months ago when I finally did enter my records on discogs. As I've seen many other Beck records available/ repressed I simply assumed that one was also available too. Good luck that they repress it. 🙂
My guess is there is some sample they didn’t have rights to being used. This is often the case with late nineties, early aughts records that never ever get repressed regardless of demand (looking at you, Who Can You Trust).

My guess is there is some sample they didn’t have rights to being used. This is often the case with late nineties, early aughts records that never ever get repressed regardless of demand (looking at you, Who Can You Trust).
Continues to be a problem in the 2010s as it happens. I would love an official repress of Exmilitary but it's not gonna happen with all those uncleared samples 🙁

By median value. Had no idea Cudi would be way up there haha.. Got that for like $15 : O
I got a good amount of test presses and signed stuff and none of those have much sales so aren't included.

My_Collection_Discogs.png

That TS one is a surprise for sure. I bought that one on RSD hype - and after listening to it didn't really care much for it and had a hard time selling it on discogs. I sold it at cost for 33€ i think after it was listed for months.

Back