What's Spinning

Art Blakey - A Jazz Message
With Sonny Stitt, McCoy Tyner, and Art Davis
What an incredible album. Everyone here is at the top of their form and brings it to this session. It sounds like they genuinely loved playing together. Hearing Blakey and Tyner playing off each other is fantastic. Sonny Stitt...if you had never heard him before this record would make you an instant fan. His tone and playing are so smooth and swinging. Highly recommend this.
20190914_184952.jpg

Howard Shore ‎– The Fly (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Varèse Sarabande ‎– 302 066 688 7, 1986/2017

Black-in-Green color-in-color - limited to 750
Exclusive to CCVinyl/Popmarket
Lenticular cover (hard to take a picture of these)

Cut by Richard Simpson

0KfFC9.jpg

ecNWMi.jpg

51db7986-27fc-4041-9738-c5b82c0570b8.jpg

Mariah Carey - Daydream (1995, reissue 2019)

Uprise Fest 2019 is in the books, so let's unwind with some spins. Starting with this nice piece for the collection. The DMM cut sounds clean and clear. Vinyl is reasonably flat, though I'm not in love with this gold color (doesn't even COMPARE with the gold Breakaway from UO). Gold foil lettering on the front cover is a nice touch. Love those 90s Columbia labels.

View attachment 17131

Mariah Carey - Daydream (1995, reissue 2019)

Uprise Fest 2019 is in the books, so let's unwind with some spins. Starting with this nice piece for the collection. The DMM cut sounds clean and clear. Vinyl is reasonably flat, though I'm not in love with this gold color (doesn't even COMPARE with the gold Breakaway from UO). Gold foil lettering on the front cover is a nice touch. Love those 90s Columbia labels.

WHY DID YOU ALL NOT TELL ME THERE'S A JOURNEY COVER ON HERE OH MY GOD I LOVE OPEN ARMS 😍😍😍😍😍

9e7a08b4-3b62-44fd-832e-ae28b5c245dc.jpg

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O. (1969, reissue 2019)

Sounds as great as it possibly can. The packaging is fantastic. Love the sturdy, matte, tip-on gatefold. The big booklet is great, and I appreciate this vinyl color. The music is quite good. Not mind blowing, but surely worth a listen.

Back