What's Spinning

David Bowie ‎– Fame And Fashion (David Bowie's All Time Greatest Hits)
RCA Victor ‎– AFL1-4919, 1984

One of many cash grabs from RCA after Bowie left for EMI America.

Pressed at RCA, Indianapolis

9LzGRO.jpg

RzRBiV.jpg

Akiko Yano- Japanese Girl

I believe @Yer Ol' Uncle D and @Teeeee are fans of Little Feat. Please pass on to other who love them. Yano is a Japanese pop star, and this record was produced by Lowell George who enlisted Little Feat as her backing band on side 1 or the “American side” she’s backed by Haroumi Hosono & Somme Japanese all stars on side 2 the “Japanese side”. Any way you slice it up, it’s an excellent collaboration.
F8C174EA-421B-4A5C-8C7B-88E187B6A2CC.jpeg

I believe @Yer Ol' Uncle D and @Teeeee are fans of Little Feat. Please pass on to other who love them. Yano is a Japanese pop star, and this record was produced by Lowell George who enlisted Little Feat as her backing band on side 1 or the “American side” she’s backed by Haroumi Hosono & Somme Japanese all stars on side 2 the “Japanese side”. Any way you slice it up, it’s an excellent collaboration.
View attachment 8883

Yep - Little Feat wasn't shy about being the backing band in their day. As strange a pairing as it may seem, that's the situation here...

Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop

6CAD6A54-C93A-4133-8EE6-26EC0DDEF71A.jpeg

View attachment 8870

Twink - Think Pink (1970, reissue 2019)

Some fantastic psychedelic rock, originally released on Polydor. This reissue comes with both the stereo and mono mixes (spinning the mono here). Insanely cool that this RSD release comes with a signed, numbered COA.

It's a great release. Other bands in the same vein would be The Deviants, Pink Fairies, Pretty Things, early T.Rex (The first 4 albums when they went by the name of Tyrannosaurus Rex)...all of which have members that played on this album.

One of the first assignments in my first year of undergraduate Architecture studies was to draw to scale a building in Manchester. I was assigned the free trade hall and spent many hours sat across from it sketching away. Beautiful building indeed.

It is, i used to walk past it every day in uni and then on my way to work after I graduated. It is a pity it’s just another over expensive chain hotel now though 😟

View attachment 8883
@Yer Ol' Uncle D is way more on top of things than I am. I had no idea Little Feat was the backing band for so many. @blissfullychaotic - an Asian band backed by one of my fave classic rock bands? Check this out!

Back