What's Spinning

White Stripes 7" bundle:

- I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
(my pick of the bunch...) / Who's To Say...
- The Hardest Button To Button / St. Ides Of March
- Seven Nation Army / Good To Me
- Hello Operator / Jolene
(...although this is pretty damn close)

NME Express - NME's Big Four (1986)

Picked up for the Tom Waits - Downtown Train (NME Version) although is pretty crackly :(

Tom Waits - Downtown Train (NME Version)
The Jesus & Mary Chain - Some Candy Talking
Hüsker Dü - Ticket To Ride
Trouble Funk - Let's Get Small

View attachment 8806

Wow that’s a brilliant line of songs! I miss old NME 🙁

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (1970 French pressing on Harvest)

Multiple things to say about this. Firstly you will notice the sheet on the front with random info, I try to buy a record from each place I visit on my travels and will write up similar data 'sheets' for each. Its always nice to stumble across when picking records from the collection to play.

Fun Fact 1 - Between 1962 - 1965 Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Richard Wright met at Westminster University where they were all studying Architecture. They formed a band called 'Sigma 6' and performed at student parties and the common room. In 1965 they changed their name to the 'Pink Floyd Sound', before dropping the 'Sound'. (Fun Part) 53 years after Waters, Mason and Wright met, I went to Westminster University to study for my Masters degree in Architecture......ergo becoming the unofficial 6th member of Pink Floyd.

Fun Fact 2: Pink Floyd wrote a song to perform on John Peel's (legendary UK radio DJ) show but didn't have a name for it. John grabbed his newspaper and pointed to the headline and said 'how about that?'. The headline was.....'Atom Heart Mother'.

Last edited:
Back