What's Spinning

Sonny Clark – Cool Struttin’ (Blue Note, 2017 Deagostini Pressing)

Happy 90th Birthday Sonny Clark! When I try to explain just how great these DeAgostini pressings are for the price, this is the album that I always tend to refer to as a great example. Sounds fantastic and flat as a pancake. I have an early 80's reissue which is quite the oddity as the image is flipped (which would also be used for a 'more tapes' session that I believe was released in Japan).

IMG_4251.JPG

Sonny Clark – Cool Struttin’ (Blue Note, 2017 Deagostini Pressing)

Happy 90th Birthday Sonny Clark! When I try to explain just how great these DeAgostini pressings are for the price, this is the album that I always tend to refer to as a great example. Sounds fantastic and flat as a pancake. I have an early 80's reissue which is quite the oddity as the image is flipped (which would also be used for a 'more tapes' session that I believe was released in Japan).

View attachment 106324
Those DeAgostini are awesome for the price! The ones I've got were also some of the cleanest and flattest records I've ever opened. Might try to hunt down a few more from the Jazz at 33 1/3 series if I can.

Mike Taylor Quartet ‎– Preparation (Sunbeam Records, 2021 Limited RSD Pressing)

This was technically an RSD release from the weekend but it was shipped to me a couple of weeks ago so I had it slightly early. Its a fantastic set and includes a really detailed booklet packed with photos, interviews/essays etc. British Jazz perfection!

IMG_4262.JPG

i`ve always been meaning to ask @Mr Moore if his copy on the PIF list is still up for grabs

Either way next time you have a long drive cue it up on the Spotify machine. It’s up there with Springsteen as perfect long distance driving music. I do a lot of 3 hour drives across the country and the back visiting the family over the summer and must have listened to this album in the multiple hundreds of times because of it. Doesn’t get old but then I covered how much I love it and them the other day on here!

Back