What's Spinning

How did you get involved in the estate sale?
I saw one record listed on a gumtree-type site with very little info about it. I started messaging the guy back and forth and it turned out that he had a collection of them, all from Tony Hall's estate. He sent a letter of proof over as well as some general info (which was nice as it wasn't like he had overpriced them to begin with). After chatting a bit more he offered me a price for a set that I was interested in, we haggled and came to an agreement. Really easy process to be honest and I believe I was the first person to have had a look at the collection, so I managed to get a lot of the gems.

I saw one record listed on a gumtree-type site with very little info about it. I started messaging the guy back and forth and it turned out that he had a collection of them, all from Tony Hall's estate. He sent a letter of proof over as well as some general info (which was nice as it wasn't like he had overpriced them to begin with). After chatting a bit more he offered me a price for a set that I was interested in, we haggled and came to an agreement. Really easy process to be honest and I believe I was the first person to have had a look at the collection, so I managed to get a lot of the gems.

Great info ..cheers ..I’m gonna keep an eye on those Facebook market place things ...you never know

The Blue Mitchell Quintet - Down With It!
1965 Mono OG

IMG_20200901_183742.jpg

IMG_20200901_183751.jpg

I ordered that record beginning of March in the U.S. from a Discogs seller. However, the record was sent to Australia instead of Austria (many people around the world confuse those countries, especially Americans 😁, so why not USPS as well). It was stuck there for months, and I gave up on that shipment and the seller returned the money. And today when I returned home from work I found this completely unexpected waiting for me on my front porch. And to my surprise the package looked liked it was packed yesterday, no dents or anything. Also the content was unharmed. And that for a package that travelled around the whole world for nearly half a year.

Now I have to pay for that again, and I'm a bit broke due to CORONA paycuts, but of course it's a keeper. I love that record. I love that music. I love that sound.

0901201910_HDR.jpg

PVRIS - Use Me (2020)

If all goes well, PVRIS will be my next concert, in April. Until then, I have their fantastic new album on indie exclusive violet vinyl! Definitely a very pop oriented record, but there's plenty of flair, fun and emotion that makes it undeniably a PVRIS album, and a good one at that.

0901201959_HDR.jpg

Narada Michael Walden - I Shoulda Loved You (1979)

Pretty cool UK 12" single I got for $1 at a local antique mall. Walden is a legendary producer (Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Lionel Richie, and much more) and session musician. As of this year, he is also the new drummer for Journey!

Back