What's Spinning

Oliver Nelson Orchestra - Afro/American Sketches (Esquire, 1962 First UK Mono Pressing)

Crazy level of percussion on this album, absolutely killer stuff. I have mentioned it before, but I find it crazy how much these pressings go for, despite using the same stamper as their US counterparts.

@ChristoBee, here's someone you should look into as part of your Big Band explorations. This album, in particular, is a good one (as is The Blues And The Abstract Truth)

View attachment 64307

Duly noted !

I can scarcely believe I'm playing this but playing it I am. Gomez; Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline.

IMG20200902170930.jpg

I sold a copy of this in the last once in a lifetime recession in 2009 to keep paying my mortgage. Copies aren't terribly common and there's always something else to pay for. Popped over to see a mate earlier and was presented with this very tidy (better than my last) copy he bought me because he found it in a record shop in East Anglia. I thus have the positive double whammy of my favourite Gomez album and a reminder that people are brilliant.

Gotta know more about this console.. have you discussed it here anywhere? Looks very cool!
Thank you

It’s an Hitachi sdt 2690 r from 1975 , my dad used to own one but let it go ..I brought one via a marketplace ad for him , and then he didn’t want it! So it’s now my second turntable..all working apart from the front radio band light which should be a green colour ..so it’s of for a service next week and hopefully will come back gleaming ..the turntable sounds really solid ..proper vintage ..I will post some pics once it’s been MOT’d

Thank you

It’s an Hitachi sdt 2690 r from 1975 , my dad used to own one but let it go ..I brought one via a marketplace ad for him , and then he didn’t want it! So it’s now my second turntable..all working apart from the front radio band light which should be a green colour ..so it’s of for a service next week and hopefully will come back gleaming ..the turntable sounds really solid ..proper vintage ..I will post some pics once it’s been MOT’d

Gotta say I wasn’t expecting the turn where your dad didn’t want it!! 😂 Parents are funny.

It’s really cool looking and ya, I’d love to hear more about it when it’s ready! I’ll keep an eye out for your posts!

Back