What's Spinning

My collection #869-870

Bob Dylan - More Blood, More Tracks
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Shahen-Shah

I prefer the original but this has some interesting version, and some of the best vocal music ever in these beautiful devotional songs from Pakistan.

View attachment 64111

View attachment 64112

I've been watching some Nusrat performances on Youtube lately and they're awesome, I wanna get some of his stuff on vinyl but the only thing I can find is Mustt Mustt

I've been watching some Nusrat performances on Youtube lately and they're awesome, I wanna get some of his stuff on vinyl but the only thing I can find is Mustt Mustt
I think this and the Womad live performance I have are fairly recent reissues so you would think a few must be knocking around somewhere. I have a Mustt Mustt OG and another older one too that I found while digging.

EE3FDC2A-B7EF-410F-BF35-FC555ABD344E.jpeg
‘til Tuesday
Voices Carry

Thank you Barrie Bergman, wherever you are, for keeping this one so pristine. Not a pop or click on this one! Well done Barrie!

(He wrote his name on the cover. Figured I’d give him a shout out. Maybe he’ll see it. Lol)

Edit: Wonder if it’s this gentleman?

Oliver Nelson Orchestra - Afro/American Sketches (Esquire, 1962 First UK Mono Pressing)

Crazy level of percussion on this album, absolutely killer stuff. I have mentioned it before, but I find it crazy how much these pressings go for, despite using the same stamper as their US counterparts.

@ChristoBee, here's someone you should look into as part of your Big Band explorations. This album, in particular, is a good one (as is The Blues And The Abstract Truth)

IMG_1806.JPG

Back