What's Spinning

Floating Points - Late Night Tales

Had never heard of Floating Points before, but after streaming this a few times before this finally arrived yesterday, it's already one of my favourite entries in the series. The two Alain Bellaïche songs are incredible and should be repressed...by Now-Again or someone.

View attachment 39
I'm getting this in a PIF and I am super excited. I love the Bonobo one, but haven't totally dug the handful of others I've tried, until this

Anna Calvi - s/t

I'm ashamed to say I've never really given Anna Calvi much attention BUT then i caught her 6 Music set and was completely blown away... it's fair to say I'm completely obsessed by her now! 229

So for my first post on this new home I’m playing one I was after for ages at a good price and in good condition for both record and most important 3D sleeve

So here it is ..Their Satanic Majesties Request 1967 UK original stereo (although this is a 1969 repress)

So just need to find a mono now...CB609891-F023-40DE-9484-64B3CE5719FA.jpegF6EB37EB-E760-4E76-A647-F1E5FF8A6557.jpeg

Last edited:
Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon

I haven't spun this in quite a while. This was one of my first purchases when I went nuts at the used shops when I moved to Ottawa in '07. "Rainy Night House" is one of my favourite Joni songs. Listening to this, you can just tell something as special as Blue was just around the corner.

IMG_20190516_120830.jpg

Quiet Sun ‎– Mainstream
Island Records ‎– HELP 19, 1975

UK pressing

XDshtw.jpg

KAL0MA.jpg

Phil Manzanera and friends - recorded during the Diamond Head sessions

Back