What's Spinning

Happy 50th birthday to one of the best record ever produced.

'Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere', 'Cinnamon Girl', 'Cowgirl In The Sand' and 'Down By The River' all born during one creative burst and all on the same record? Much like Ricky Bobby, Neil Young & Crazy Horse piss excellence.

236DA7FC-2E73-4D97-BB09-062D5B390ADD.jpeg

I officially cancelled my subscription earlier. I was going to hold out for Outkast in June but it's just not worth it. Better to cut all ties now.

I've thought about it, but I still think they do a good job with the monthly releases. I joined to get 1 record a month so I can be introduced to music I probably wouldn't buy on my own, so it feels like I'm going back to that. I slowed down on my exclusive buying and have only gotten the 2 tracks I'm on for the last 2 months...I do have a couple exclusives coming next month, tho.

If they start to move their emphasis more to the bougie hipster elite box sets then I'll be out. I'll give it through the summer and see what this "pause" is for.

I've thought about it, but I still think they do a good job with the monthly releases. I joined to get 1 record a month so I can be introduced to music I probably wouldn't buy on my own, so it feels like I'm going back to that. I slowed down on my exclusive buying and have only gotten the 2 tracks I'm on for the last 2 months...I do have a couple exclusives coming next month, tho.

If they start to move their emphasis more to the bougie hipster elite box sets then I'll be out. I'll give it through the summer and see what this "pause" is for.
For me, it's a combo of how they went about the whole forum business as well as the last few months being pretty barren in terms of ROTMs and exclusives I'd actually want to own. I'm just not in any financial position to spend $29 a month on a service that rarely has records that I really find myself super excited about owning. Even the swaps I did in the last few months were more or less "yeah, I like this album alright, might as well."

That being said, I don't blame people for sticking around. But for me personally it's easier to just be done with the site altogether as of right now.

That's good....but threads like this can kill a server. Most of the bigger forums (like Hoffman) require images to be linked from a hosting site and don't allow uploading to certain threads, as server space can fill quickly.
Yeah, now that this is our place and not a corporate place with pockets, I’ll be linking insta photos to keep cost and issues down.

For @Captainfog's love of The Hoff....

Stu Phillips ‎– Knight Rider (Original Television Soundtrack)
Varèse Sarabande ‎– 3020675561, 2005/2019

#RSD19

Cut by Anne-Marie Suenram

Id6cB8.jpg

yPmoUe.jpg
My favorite guilty pleasure 80’s TV show. Loved it then, still love it now! Time to track down one of these albums!

Back