What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#55: John Coltrane - A love supreme

IMG_20191003_061141.jpg

What a way to 3nd Coltrane Week and to mark the end of the first 1/5 of my collection listening challenge.
IMG_20191003_072422.jpg
That lil piece of paper sticking out of the shelf marks the last record I spun: Two cubes down. 8 more to go.

Last edited:
Boris ‎– Akuma No Uta
Third Man Records ‎– TMR-632, 2003/2019

Cut by Bill Skibbe at Third Man Mastering
Pressed at Third Man Pressing

0yeFL7.jpg

mgO5TP.jpg
Uhhhh. Am I missing something?

If I were to take a stab at it maybe he didn’t realize this classic Boris album’s cover art was paying homage to the classic Nick Drake album’s cover art, Maybe?

I’m curious how it sounds? I have Pink but really want this. How’s the pressing?

I thought that would probably be it, too. But I was tired and snarky last night and coming down with a cold

...and I didn't think it was a big mystery either - it's been the US album cover of this record for 14 years and the Japanese vinyl cover since it's original release 16 years ago.

This pressing sounds fine...no issues at all. I've only heard the album on mp3 (most likely from file sharing back in the day)

Last edited:
Cliff Martinez ‎– Contagion (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0584, 2017

"Biohazard" Red & Yellow swirl - Limited to 1200

Cut by April Golden at Golden Mastering
Pressed at Rainbo

KUlyuG.jpg

yDeU8G.jpg

Shirley Walker & John Carpenter ‎– Escape From L.A. (Original Score Album From The Motion Picture)
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0553, 1996/2017

"Milk White & Black Eye Patch" variant - Limited edition of 200

Pressed at GZ/Pirates Press

I9Wenm.jpg

9IGQmf.jpg

Cliff Martinez ‎– Contagion (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0584, 2017

"Biohazard" Red & Yellow swirl - Limited to 1200

Cut by April Golden at Golden Mastering
Pressed at Rainbo

KUlyuG.jpg

yDeU8G.jpg
Charles Bernstein ‎– Cujo (Music From The Motion Picture)
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0620, 2017

"St. Bernard" variant Black & Brown Swirl - limited to 1000

Cut by Richard Houghten

8BPy1y.jpg

gVRExo.jpg
Shirley Walker & John Carpenter ‎– Escape From L.A. (Original Score Album From The Motion Picture)
Real Gone Music ‎– RGM-0553, 1996/2017

"Milk White & Black Eye Patch" variant - Limited edition of 200

Pressed at GZ/Pirates Press

I9Wenm.jpg

9IGQmf.jpg

Finally got around to playing these from Real Gone Music's sale from a few weeks ago.

Cliff Martinez ‎– Contagion is 6 bucks - and a pretty good soundtrack.

Back