What's Spinning

that kind of sounds like what I am talking about except the ones Sundaze are using are weirdly thick.
The thick ones remind me of the ones the RTI use (I think Sundaze gets a lot of stuff pressed there so we are probably talking about the same thing). I am a fan of those because it tells me it was pressed at RTI which is one of the better pressing plants so I am usually stoked when it’s one of those.

The thick ones remind me of the ones the RTI use (I think Sundaze gets a lot of stuff pressed there so we are probably talking about the same thing). I am a fan of those because it tells me it was pressed at RTI which is one of the better pressing plants so I am usually stoked when it’s one of those.
Things are weird and I don't like them. I've never seen them with anything other than a sundazed. I thought RTI use to use unbranded Rice Paper sleeves, no?

Could ya drop the window blinds? The other set up was framed better for sure but that glare was rough.
We don't have any blinds or curtains up in that room. I'm honestly not sure it would help anyhow, there is quite a bit of glare from behind with the kitchen, porch, and windows in the dining room playing a factor in glare as well. I'd just turn the lights off and take a flash picture, but the protector on my stupid phone causes a weird fog on the flash side of the picture from the light of the flash reflecting back into the lens. I'd break out the digital camera, but then I lose the ability to just upload the pic easily. (plus I'm pretty sure the iphone takes better pics anyhow)

It's funny because it's not a particularly well light room, just full of all the fucking glare.

I don't know I change up my stuff from time to time anyhow. I'll find something I am maybe happy with.

Last edited:
Things are weird and I don't like them. I've never seen them with anything other than a sundazed. I thought RTI use to use unbranded Rice Paper sleeves, no?
Nope, RTI uses the heavy poly sleeves if they press a record without a designated printed inner sleeve. You see them a lot in Indie labels, Merge, Sub Pop still use RTI frequently. Older Matador and Secretly Canadian used to use em frequently in the mid to 00s, early 2010s.

I am good with em as they are an easy signifier of where an album was pressed. You have to be careful if it’s an older pressing though as they a run of releases where those inners had a pink hue to them and supposedly the chemical composition on those was bit off and causes some off gassing issues but once they removed the pink coloring I guess that fixed the issue.

We don't have any blinds or curtains up in that room. I'm honestly not sure it would help anyhow, there is quite a bit of glare from behind with the kitchen, porch, and windows in the dining room playing a factor in glare as well. I'd just turn the lights off and take a flash picture, but the protector on my stupid phone causes a weird fog on the flash side of the picture from the light of the flash reflecting back into the lens. I'd break out the digital camera, but then I lose the ability to just upload the pic easily. (plus I'm pretty sure the iphone takes better pics anyhow)

I don't know I change up my stuff from time to time anyhow. I'll find something I am maybe happy with.
See, like this one:
View attachment 171964
Aretha Franklin - Aretha Franklin with the Ray Bryant Combo

View attachment 179342

I understand Endtroducing is supposed to be DJ Shadow's crowning glory and I do love that album but is it blasphemous to say
UNKLE- Psyence Fiction is my favorite thing he's done? Lonely Soul is so perfect

This is a pretty recent reissue I think. I also have a really beat up old original that still sounds pretty great too but this probably will end up replacing it in the long term.

I love them both very much. Each a very different listening mood for me. I'd have a very hard time choosing one over the other.

Back