What's Spinning

Been running a lot of my older OG pressings thru the Humminguru and it's pretty ear opening what that little thing can do...

Neil Young - S/T

View attachment 179535
Neil supposedly hated this record after it came out. Called it the “overdub city” album. I like it.
I’m not surprised that the Humminguru makes it sound better than you’ve ever heard. 👍

Off the shelf #100
IMG_3090.jpeg
Black Pumas

I know I know everyone’s favorite album to hate on. I still love it. Also, first time on new amp, while it’s an ATO/GZ special meaning the press ain’t great… the mastering is pretty remarkable. Nice space, great imaging, fucking spectacular separation. It’s not like the band is with you but there are layers that I had not noticed before. It’s kind of stacked vertically which is weird but fits the psychedelic aspects of the record very well.

Last edited:
Off the shelf #100
View attachment 179566
Black Pumas

I know I know everyone’s favorite album to hate on. I still love it. Also, first time on new amp, while it’s an ATO/GZ special meaning the press ain’t great… the mastering is pretty remarkable. Nice space, great imaging, fucking spectacular separation. It’s not like the band is with you but there are layers that I had not noticed before. It’s kind of stacked vertically which is weird but fits the psychedelic aspects of the record very well.
I know it became a meme of variants, but I will unapologetically defend the music on that record all day. My ONLY minor gripe is I feel the last song on it falls flat after what leads up to it.

Hey @TenderLovingKiller® i can’t deside if I like this picture or not. It’s better than crazy glare though, right?
Yeah, It’s better that we can see the album.

Spatially speaking, your best bet would be to hang the guitar somewhere else and then put a tiny “now playing” shelf just above you turntable on the wall behind.

Back