What's Spinning

05a88e48-4607-44d5-9032-e8e2395ec8b7.jpg

Skillet - Rise (2013)

Finally got this on vinyl. This, in my opinion, was Skillet's last successful attempt at making a cohesive album. While I don't like every song on here, I feel that every song has its place. Filled with both amazing hard rock thrillers (Sick Of It, Circus For A Psycho) and soulful ballads (Salvation, What I Believe). Not their best album, but a very solid record. Released on Atlantic Records, produced by Howard "Mixed Bag" Benson. I really hope Skillet can make another great album again someday, because for me, the last two have been quite subpar. At least their live show is still great!

so, so, so very happy to finally be able to spin this. I've been wanting this forever as it's over if my favorite albums and thanks to the hip-hop thread I learned about this very recent repress, so here we are...

The Foreign Exchange - Connected
IMG_20190822_233339-01.jpeg

EDIT: damn, why isn't "Hustle Hustle" on this?
EDIT 2: looks like it wasn't on the original vinyl version either. interesting that they drop it only for the vinyl releases.

Last edited:
Two more for dad

The Eagles
Hotel California

This was his OG copy. I don't have many of my dad's records (mostly cassettes) mainly because a lot of his records got damaged from water. I had to take this one and try to save it. When I started looking at colleges, he would drive me and play The Eagles as our road trip music. Hotel California was always first. I don't care what they (and the Dude) say about it. I'm cranking it, even if it wakes my wife and kids. It's horribly poppy in the beginning but settles down to be listenable. I can only imagine him sitting down 40 years ago and playing this same record and just mellowing out.

2019-08-22 22.59.16.jpg

Lynyrd Skynyrd
One More From The Road

Dad loved Freebird. Hard to listen to this now and not think of him. I know that music means something different to everyone. But more importantly music means something. That's easy to forget sometimes. What it means is probably the same to all of us.

2019-08-22 23.10.41.jpg

Thanks for listening. I'm off to bed, kinda drunk but it's OK. Hope you all have a good night and a great day tomorrow.

Sleater-Kinney ‎– The Center Won't Hold
Mom + Pop ‎– MP431, 2019

Vinyl Me, Please. Essentials - August 2019

Pressed at GZ

CwT6ON.jpg

yBLyUE.jpg

Back