What's Spinning

Hold on to your 2xLP 12” editions. This is better than the subpar 2xLP 10” Capitol pressings I own but it think the 2xLP 12” are gonna be the best regarded sounds wise. These aren’t a disaster, but they are pressed off center, I get a good amount of stylus sway. and as needle moves to the end you gets some minor distortion on the last track or two. Probably not too noticeable to the non-obsessives. Still not the worst sounding Radiohead album in my collection but also not perfect either. A step back from OKNOTOK for sure. Probably just too much music for to sit comfortably on a single LP.

I actually have the 2x10” OG Parlophone from 2000 for Kid A and a 2x10” Parlophone repress for Amnesiac and both sound really good. The Kid A has pops given it’s age but I’m hoping the HumminGuru will eliminate a lot of that given the records were stored directly in the paper in inners for over 20 years until I bought it early this year!

I was really hoping these would be good enough to cash in on that given how much the price has risen even since I paid more than I should have back in January 😂

Last edited:
I actually have the 2x10” OG Parlophone from 2000 for Kid A and a 2x10” Parlophone for Amnesiac and both sound really good. The Kid A has pops given it’s age but I’m hoping the HumminGuru will eliminate a lot of that given the records were stored directly in the paper in inners for over 20 years until I bought it early this year!

I was really hoping these would be good enough to cash in on that given how much the price has risen even since I paid more than I should have back in January 😂
Keep them. The Euro Parlophones are outstanding. The US, I am guessing pressed at rainbo, are crap, but I can't see the reissue sounding better, or eventually having greater value, than those OG's.

Keep them. The Euro Parlophones are outstanding. The US, I am guessing pressed at rainbo, are crap, but I can't see the reissue sounding better, or eventually having greater value, than those OG's.

Honestly it’s more justifying owning two copies of an album, especially when it is worth enough to flog and get a couple of rarer things with and that it’s unlikely the market will keep rising at the same rate once we get out of the pandemic bubble.

Of course with the reports of the new press sounding worse then of course I’ll keep both for the best sound and the extra tracks!

Honestly it’s more justifying owning two copies of an album, especially when it is worth enough to flog and get a couple of rarer things with and that it’s unlikely the market will keep rising at the same rate once we get out of the pandemic bubble.

Of course with the reports of the new press sounding worse then of course I’ll keep both for the best sound and the extra tracks!
Agree. I have a very hard time justifying two copies of any record. I have only a handful of such cases, most stereo vs. mono, but even then, not many.

I've cashed out too - and I don't worry about whether I am 'downgrading' sound because I am not looking for the grand prix de son. Actually, in most cases, it isn't a downgrade at all.

A bit jagged on the edges too…
76CFE526-781B-4547-8B9A-1C7DF44B8837.jpeg
Thankfully didn’t notice any debris in the sleeve or any stuck to or scratching the lp but I’d recommend giving it a thorough wipe down with that fancy new cleaning device just to be safe.

Last edited:
Agree. I have a very hard time justifying two copies of any record. I have only a handful of such cases, most stereo vs. mono, but even then, not many.

I've cashed out too - and I don't worry about whether I am 'downgrading' sound because I am not looking for the grand prix de son. Actually, in most cases, it isn't a downgrade at all.

Yeah similar tbh.

The only double (or triple 😬) that I have are the mono v stereo (v Giles) of The Beatles. I’d be tempted by an AP 33 stereo of Pet Sounds to go with my AP 33 mono. They’re particularly special cases. There are few other examples that I can think of that I’d do that for!

A bit jagged on the edges too…
View attachment 116657
Thankfully didn’t notice any debris in the sleeve or any stuck to or scratching the lp thankfully but I’d recommend giving it a thorough wipe down with that fancy new cleaning device just to be safe.
Yikes - looks like they’re really cutting corners these days. Thanks for posting your thoughts - I was feeling some FOMO seeing this at my local today, but I have good copies of both and couldn’t rationalize buying another set for a disc of alt versions. OKNOTOK was a different story with all the new tracks.

Yikes - looks like they’re really cutting corners these days. Thanks for posting your thoughts - I was feeling some FOMO seeing this at my local today, but I have good copies of both and couldn’t rationalize buying another set for a disc of alt versions. OKNOTOK was a different story with all the new tracks.
Yeah, overall it’s better than what I had and I don’t want to make it sound like it’s garbage because it’s an average pressing. I was just hoping for flawless. Though, I imagine if some of those broken off bits made it into some of the sleeves they could really do some damage.

I still need to grab this one from my local.

I'm a little less excited about the Radiohead waiting for me when I get home now!
I was very happy with Let It Come Down. It may be the best sounding of the 4 reissues thus far.

Hopefully, I oversold the flaws on Kid Amnesia a bit and you will end up being pleasantly surprised by your copy.

I was very happy with Let It Come Down. It may be the best sounding of the 4 reissues thus far.

Hopefully, I oversold the flaws on Kid Amnesia a bit and you will end up being pleasantly surprised by your copy.

I’ll have to listen to it again because on first spin I thought it had been cut too hot. Not as hot as Pure Phase which is verging on the ridiculous, but too hot for my ear. I actually thought Lazer Guided Melodies was the nicest sounding of the four remasters 😂

Yeah similar tbh.

The only double (or triple 😬) that I have are the mono v stereo (v Giles) of The Beatles. I’d be tempted by an AP 33 stereo of Pet Sounds to go with my AP 33 mono. They’re particularly special cases. There are few other examples that I can think of that I’d do that for!
LOL. I have a Toshiba Pro-Use Abbey Road and the Giles. White Album & Sgt. Pepper - mono, Toshiba Stereo, Giles. Toshiba Pro-Use DSOTM and KG cut. KOB mono Kg & MOFI, a few Dylan mono & stereo, and a handful of others. Special cases!

Back