What's Spinning

The Collection Playthrough

Sticking with the newer plays and not other collection stuff I put in for varying reasons. A rare 6-keeper on this run.

190 - Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss

A long term want I wasn't willing to pay re-sale (100+ for a pic disc) for. Her Canadian shop had a small re-stock on the 10th anniversary of Call Me Maybe. I'm rooting for a true, non picture disc deluxe 10 year anniversary release but I am thinking the rights on this one are really goofed up. Plays really well for a mainstream pop album

191 - Ini Kamioze - S/T

A debut mini-album found in a Reggae pickup, original Jamaican press. Really good stuff overall and probably my favorite play thus far from the batch (though that Mr. Yellowman) was solid too. A couple scuffs appeared on cleaning but inexplicably it's like they don't exist in play

192 - Green Day - Dookie

This one was for my GF, but still actually works. A slew of hits on there and it doesn't sound as aged as I thought it would be

193- Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction

All time classic I had been waiting to find used for a decent price and this copy was in a thrift store bin for under $15. Felt about right

194 - Kacey Musgraves - A Very Kacey Christmas

It's November now okay

195 - James McMurtry - Childish Things

A damn incredible songwriter. Just tells stories in every song extremely well. Was on a pretty deep discount at Newbury which surprised me. Thanks to Sarah Jarosz for the cover that led me down this rabbit hole

PXL_20211105_210327754.MP.jpg

Some day soon I’ll have my scary book set…
Hold on to your 2xLP 12” editions. This is better than the subpar 2xLP 10” Capitol pressings I own but it think the 2xLP 12” are gonna be the best regarded sounds wise. These aren’t a disaster, but they are pressed off center, I get a good amount of stylus sway. and as needle moves to the end you gets some minor distortion on the last track or two. Probably not too noticeable to the non-obsessives. Still not the worst sounding Radiohead album in my collection but also not perfect either. A step back from OKNOTOK for sure. Probably just too much music for to sit comfortably on a single LP.

Back