What's Spinning

Yeah, I think you’re right. I’ve ended up picking up most of their stuff off discogs / eBay the last couple of years, including 7”s.

I still need OG pressings of Hope is Important and 100 Broken Windows.

I really thought The Remote Part might get a reissue for its 15th anniversary considering they did the tour for it. Maybe next year for the 20th anniversary (that makes me feel old!)

Me too! I saw them on the “support your local poet” tour they did to promote the album! It was the end of my first year of uni and I had to get a National express coach to Leeds because I was to skint for the bus. It’s scary that it’s now further away than I was old then...

I’m not so fussed about OG, I might hunt down the MOV for the first two before they evaporate but I’d like nice affordable pressings of the rest of their earlier stuff too!

Me too! I saw them on the “support your local poet” tour they did to promote the album! It was the end of my first year of uni and I had to get a National express coach to Leeds because I was to skint for the bus. It’s scary that it’s now further away than I was old then...

I’m not so fussed about OG, I might hunt down the MOV for the first two before they evaporate but I’d like nice affordable pressings of the rest of their earlier stuff too!
Haha good times!
I remember going into Drummonds in Aberdeen before the Remote Part tour gig, early 2003 I think it was, and we were trying to get some pints (we were all still in school at that time). Think we did get served initially so we tried our luck after the gig too but they ID’d us the second time 👎

Haha good times!
I remember going into Drummonds in Aberdeen before the Remote Part tour gig, early 2003 I think it was, and we were trying to get some pints (we were all still in school at that time). Think we did get served initially so we tried our luck after the gig too but they ID’d us the second time 👎

When I think back the album might not even have been out when I saw them. I think maybe “You Held The World In Your Arms” might have just come out a single. Was April 2002. Good times indeed!

When I think back the album might not even have been out when I saw them. I think maybe “You Held The World In Your Arms” might have just come out a single. Was April 2002. Good times indeed!
Yeah it was out in summer 2002. Think I saw them at T in the Paaaark and picked up the album straight away when I got back.
One of my favourite times seeing Idlewild tho was in Falkirk at the local community centre, it was pretty random. My mate won tickets off Vic Galloway radio show.
It was the type of gig where the bar was just a table with tins of Tennent’s.
kinda like the side tables at the Barras. Total old school, I fucking love it!

Yeah it was out in summer 2002. Think I saw them at T in the Paaaark and picked up the album straight away when I got back.
One of my favourite times seeing Idlewild tho was in Falkirk at the local community centre, it was pretty random. My mate won tickets off Vic Galloway radio show.
It was the type of gig where the bar was just a table with tins of Tennent’s.
kinda like the side tables at the Barras. Total old school, I fucking love it!

Hahaha! That reminds me of the punk gigs I used to go to at the Student Union when I was in uni in Manchester. Table of Red Stripe at the side of the crowd. Red Stripe really is terrible beer 😂

I’ve only seen them at that gig and at Glastonbury in 2003 towards the end of that album cycle. They were pretty jaded at that one and not as good to be honest.

Since this is movie #1 on Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater tonight I though I'd play it.

Richard Band ‎– Bride Of Re-Animator (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Waxwork Records ‎– WW058, 2015/2019

Subscriber Variant

pENnXm.jpg

C8kFvk.jpg

His guitar work on Bigmouth Strikes Again is just 🔥🔥🔥

It sure is. I think he gets unfairly pigeonholed as jingle jangle in The Smiths. In truth they have no two songs with the same guitar sound, he always served the song rather than grandstanding and he wrote all that music before he turned 24.

Last edited:
Back