What's Spinning

Would or wouldn't :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, im working my way through them and separating them into piles. My plan is to try to transfer them all to digital at some point. A clue written on one of them has led me to the previous owner and im hoping to get in contact with his family at some point to learn a bit more about them.
Would, for sure! Lol, I really fucked that one up.

Love - Forever Changes (mono)
View attachment 68820

I’ve seen some handwringing about this “Rocktober” reissue because supposedly the mono isn’t true mono but a digital “fold down” of the Stereo mix. I am not an audiophile but whatever they did, it sounds great. I don’t have a stereo mix to A/B it with but Everything sounds crisp, the vocals are front and center. I think it was worth the $20 I paid for it. I doubt anyone with a Mofi or nice original would need to run out and get a second copy but if you are looking for a nicely pressed and affordable reissue, I am sure you could do worse.

I have this on the way. Was interested in hearing it - even though I read Fremer's posts about it being mono - and then another one where he said it was a fold down.

Either way, I wanted to hear it - I do have a "recent" Rhino stereo reissue from 2012 that was cut by Chris Bellman. That one sounds amazing.

As for this years "Rockober", it seems Rhino is releasing some nice things. I think I have 3 orders coming in.

My collection #974-991

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Azon de Ma Gnin Kpevi / Kou Te Hou We
Orchestre Black Santiago - Decision Mabe
Dexys Midnight Runners - Celtic Soul Brothers
Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Nica / Nonvitche / Akon Kpin Kpan Ni Kpé Wé / Ya Mi Ton Gbo / Houe Djin We / Hue Djin Nada / Zoun Mi Bo / Gbe Me Ho / Koutome
Les Ambassadeurs du Motel de Bamako - Nagana
Idrissa Soumahoro - Petit Imprudent
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Sorry Bamba - Djelimango
Orchestre Black Santiago - Ori Lo Ni Se

Bumper run of 7s that has taken me the whole weekend to get through. The first/top four are part of the regular play-through and the others are fresh grabs. Some great stuff from Poly-Rythmo, plus perhaps the most pointless B-side I've ever heard, from Dexys...

20201002_132357.jpg

Back