What's Spinning

What's it like? I'm still tempted to try to hunt one down.
So, it is actually out there digitally, basically Cherry Red, the label that recently did a great job reissuing the Dino’s 90’s LP’s also put out some deluxe CD reissues of each record and the 9 song Live set from 97 was include as bonus material on the Hand It Over CD reissue (but not unfortunately as part of the Vinyl reissue). I was able to download it “extra legally” and that is what convinced me to grab it. It is recorded well the vocals can get overpowered every now and again but overall a nice recording and it’s pressed Superbly. I would say it is probably a bit over priced at one LP for close to $40 US shipped. I have a couple of the other Cherry Red reissues on wax, those were around the same price but you got a whole additional LP of bonus material plus a nice gatefold jacket with an extended essay/liner notes. This is lacking in that regard but the music itself is pretty great and O am thrilled to have some Dinosaur Jr. live on wax.

Love - Forever Changes (mono)
93B1A7F9-52A4-48D2-942C-507F79371CEC.jpeg

I’ve seen some handwringing about this “Rocktober” reissue because supposedly the mono isn’t true mono but a digital “fold down” of the Stereo mix. I am not an audiophile but whatever they did, it sounds great. I don’t have a stereo mix to A/B it with but Everything sounds crisp, the vocals are front and center. I think it was worth the $20 I paid for it. I doubt anyone with a Mofi or nice original would need to run out and get a second copy but if you are looking for a nicely pressed and affordable reissue, I am sure you could do worse.

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac - The Alternate Rumours (Warner Bros, 2020 RSD Limited Pressing)

This is just a fantastic collection of alternative takes. Unlike a lot of these releases, the tracks here are vastly different to their final releases. The Chain is almost unrecognisable, although the lyrics are the same. Really great, I can see this getting a lot of play time.

View attachment 68778
It’s a wonderful RSD release! I think it’s my 3rd favourite 2020 RSD release overall after the Camille Yarbrough and Ron Carter RSD release! These alternate versions are all great and this pressing also sounds amazing! 🔥🔥🔥

Back