What's Spinning

Joe Henderson - The State Of The Tenor (Live From At The Village Vanguard Volume 1)

Man these Tone Poets are something else. I love a live jazz session and this one sounds glorious. What a killer line-up as well, Ron Carter's bass notes are so crisp. Perfect!

View attachment 68226
Awesome to see you got a clean copy! My first copy was so bad! I had loud pops on the second song and it completely skipped on the last track on Side A! Makes me confident my next copy will be perfect! :)

Just from listening to the first and second song from this release, it was already one of my favourite Tone Poet releases! The music on this album is exceptional! A top 5 Tone Poet release thus far! 💎

Awesome to see you got a clean copy! My first copy was so bad! I had loud pops on the second song and it completely skipped on the last track on Side A! Makes me confident my next copy will be perfect! :)

Just from listening to the first and second song from this release, it was already one of my favourite Tone Poet releases! The music on this album is exceptional! A top 5 Tone Poet release thus far! 💎

Apart from looking like it had been used as a bedsheet for some sort of Wind In The Willows themed sex party mine was fine. took three runs through the RCM to get it cleaned up though.

Apart from looking like it had been used as a bedsheet for some sort of Wind In The Willows themed sex party mine was fine. took three runs through the RCM to get it cleaned up though.
That's great to hear! I plan on getting that Pro-Ject record cleaning machine really soon! I'm so keen to get it!

My compatriot Sondre Lerche urges us to have patience. Might come in handy in these trying times, on so many fronts.

I'm not an avid fan of Sondre's, sometimes it's that thing when artists are "too close to home" in a way. Still, a great artist and a very nice guy it seems! He lived in the US for many years, so in some ways probably better known "over there" than in Europe. He gained quite some coverage of his corona-concerts here, so maybe the tide is turning here?

Anyway, this one, his latest, is a very nice "adult contemporary" pop album showcasing his ear for catchy tunes, quirky hooks and chamber pop arrangements. And: the production is top shelf!

Sondre Lerche - Patience (PLZ, 2020)

sondre lerche 2.jpg

NIN ‎– Quake
The Null Corporation ‎– Null Zero Point Five, 1996/2020

Cut by John Golden at Golden Mastering
Pressed at Pallas

8aQe0u.jpg

wMu92E.jpg

Back