What's Spinning

Your single most-played LP isn’t Kate Bush’s Hounds of Love!? 🧐🤨

Just kidding! This Kraftwerk album really is something special and was so ahead of its time! Nice to hear it gets plenty of spins on the turntable! 😄
HONESTLY listened to it a couple days ago! I love Hounds but it's been burnt onto my memory so well, and it's such an emotional listen a lot of the time that I don't feel the need to spin it as much. The Dreaming probably spends more time on the turntable, maybe even Aerial.

HONESTLY listened to it a couple days ago! I love Hounds but it's been burnt onto my memory so well, and it's such an emotional listen a lot of the time that I don't feel the need to spin it as much. The Dreaming probably spends more time on the turntable, maybe even Aerial.
I absolutely love The Dreaming! I still don’t know which album I prefer out of The Dreaming or Hounds of Love! I think I’m gonna soon The Dreaming tonight! It’s definitely one of those albums that makes you want to return to multiple times! Such an ambitious album for its time! Love Kate Bush’s theatrical vocals on the album! 👹💎

Happy to hear you’re still a massive Kate Bush fan! I love that! ♥️

W H Lung - Incidental Music

Rather embarrassingly I played this for about 10 mins and thought it didn't sound a bit underwhelming compared with the little bit I'd streamed beforehand. Then I twigged that maybe it needed to be played at 45rpm and lo and behold, problem solved.

This now sounds really fabulous! Better than I was expected. Such a great turnaround. Thanks to @ByersVinyl again for both the N&G pick and so generously sending this over to me. This is going to get a lot of spins, at the right speed!

PS Happy to pass on the download code to anybody who wants it - just DM me.

20200929_174354.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I think I need to dive into them more. Also, this is one of the most beautiful variants I have ever seen. I'm a huge, huge fan of Mexican / Latin / Mariachi music and grew up going to Mexico 4-8x a year since it is only a trek down the road. Thanks for the post!

Dive in! They've only got 3 studio albums so getting into El Bronx is pretty easy. Beyond that there's the Dead Trax comp with demos and b-sides and the killer Live Cuts album (that I think is probably their best material, but I was at the show so I am biased haha).

Also check Pounded By The Surf, Joby Ford's surf rock + country instrumental side project

Last edited:
The Bud Powell Trio – Bud Powell Trio (Royal Roost/Vogue, 1952 First UK Mono 10” Pressing)

After spinning some solo Monk earlier for the Challenge Thread, I decided to continue the piano theme with this one from Bud Powell. It would have actually been Powell's 96th birthday on Sunday, so its quite a relevant choice.

IMG_2806.JPG

Back from an afternoon at the cabin, getting the boat on land for the winter. Draining to say the least, I’m not really a boat man (my son is!)...

The new Bill C. is a very nice spin after such a day. Not his best by a mile, it’s more about moods than tunes this time around, but that’s fine as a Bill C. album is better than most other stuff anyway!

Bill Callahan - Gold Record (Drag City, 2020)

9E3F2D0D-7947-4BB3-9CA3-B0CE9058AE4D.jpeg

Back