What's Spinning

My collection #964-965

The Saw Doctors - All The Way From Tuam
Robert Plant - Band of Joy

The Saw Doctors are one of my favourite bands, they just speak to me whether they're poignant or funny tunes. Plus this front cover of Glastonbury is rather nostalgic for me even if I went on three of the muddiest years ever (97 and twice in early 00s). And Robert Plant for me has had pretty much the best solo career of anyone in a big group.

20200930_153000.jpg

20200929_201626.jpg

Elysian Spring – Glass Flowers (Despa / Le Tres Jazz Club, 2018 Limited Pressing)

This is probably the rarest album I have ever seen in person (not this copy obviously). I was browsing the shelves at IF Music in London a few years ago and saw they had an original pressing priced at over £2,000. Obviously, no record is worth that amount of money, so for now this reissue on Le Tres Jazz Club will certainly suffice.

IMG_2829.JPG

Last edited:
https://i.kfs.io/album/sg/38455465,0v1/fit/500x500.jpg

Happy with that one, pressing wise and such?
Yeah! It sounds great. Actually I was just listening to my 2nd copy of Spiritualized and was a bit frustrated as my new copy is still a bit crackly during some of the quiet sections. Then I popped this one on and have been very happy with the quality. Quiet, Flat, with good dynamic range. I am very happy with how it turned out. If the LAGWAFIS sounded as good as this all the way through I would have been ecstatic.

Back