What's Spinning

My collection #747-748

The White Stripes - De Stijl
Ella Fitzgerald - The History Of

This was always my favourite White Stripes album but on vinyl I'd just gone with the John Peel release as a kind of pseudo greatest hits. Happy to get this and a decent splatter, and it sounds decent to me. Plus, the wondrous voice of Ella Fitzgerald and most definitely the only version of Old Macdonald Had A Farm I've got. She could sing the phone book and it would be great...

20200729_225342.jpg

20200729_225216.jpg

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#271: Rod Stewart - Out of order
#272: Moses Sumney - Aromanticism

IMG_20200729_070630.jpg

One of the most exciting artists of our time. I've been streaming Grae nonstop for the last couple of months (I'm still waiting for the vinyl), so spinning this record made me realize how much he has grown as an artist.

14E323D7-BF04-4A2A-ABF5-92D0A6267C54.jpeg

Just starting to dig into this one. Going to be well worth the investment of time. Shouldn’t have started this on a work night. 3LPs in custom lined sleeves, box, and a multipage 12x12 program guide. Nice.

Edit: 3 sides on and I have a new goal in life. “To see this preformed live someday”. 12 years in the making. Highly Recommended. Vinyl sounds great. Got to shut it down tonight. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back