WHAT IS FOR LUNCH!??!?! A thread to discuss most important decision of the work day!

vegetarian refried & charro beans. also, mexican rice, lettuce, pico, and takis, and and queso, and ???

ordered without meat, traditional is with asada or al pastor.

Yep, can confirm, I do want. No meat plaz.

@Tyr- mission gimme-de-gorbage was successful. maybe too successful.

today's lunch is: whatever this monstrosity is. yes, there's fries and hot cheetos somewhere in there.
View attachment 45702 View attachment 45703View attachment 45704

rip me.
These ingredients remind of a place called Bull Taco that was across the train tracks from a field office in Cardiff, California.

Also I just googled said restaurant to find the menu and realized it closed in the last year or so. Place had some epic views of the coast and the food was pretty good from what I remember. Sad to hear it shut down from a lease dispute and at least it wasn't that the food was causing issues.

I would always get the burrito with the tots and the fish of the day. It came with guac and sriracha sour cream.

Last edited:
Here’s the (tempeh) sausage being made. Beans on the left and wheat berries on the right. The wheat is an experiment that I am pretty unsure will turn out great but I needed something to do with them. I usually do oatmeal and hemp hearts. It makes for very creamy tempeh. I’m shooting for something a bit firmer and full bodied this go round.

8C5D2652-384B-4D28-86FF-AA1ACA9A19AD.jpeg

Here’s the (tempeh) sausage being made. Beans on the left and wheat berries on the right. The wheat is an experiment that I am pretty unsure will turn out great but I needed something to do with them. I usually do oatmeal and hemp hearts. It makes for very creamy tempeh. I’m shooting for something a bit firmer and full bodied this go round.

View attachment 45886
2lbs of soybeans and 6oz of wheat berries yielded 4.5lbs of tempeh. The wheat berries seem to be mostly successful. They do tend to fall out of the tempeh when cutting it but the flavor and texture is a win.

27946F98-BEDC-47AA-92C3-6DCED5FCA25D.jpeg

AHEM

:taps microphone:

IS THIS THING ON

This thread is back!!!!!!! Sorry for the lost communication. Been out traversing the lands looking for things and such!

Today I have a Chicken, Bacon, Ranch slice from Eddy and Sam's made with only the best imported NY water !!!

20200701_130354.jpg

I'm terrible at picking out peaches that aren't mealy garbage, so I finally broke down and signed up for some Peach Truck shipments this summer. Lunch today is a big bowl of peaches. They're not the mind-blowing platonic ideal of a peach that you only run across handful of times in your life, but they're good.

I'm terrible at picking out peaches that aren't mealy garbage, so I finally broke down and signed up for some Peach Truck shipments this summer. Lunch today is a big bowl of peaches. They're not the mind-blowing platonic ideal of a peach that you only run across handful of times in your life, but they're good.

Yeah, I struggle with that issue whenever I buy them from the grocery store. They either are mealy garbage when I buy them ripe, or they are hard as a rock and take forever to ripen, then turn mealy garbage over night. I grew up near orchards and could buy them fresh or pick them my self on the trees. Buying them ripe off the tree is so much better. It spoiled me. I can't deal with the garbage I get at the grocery store so I don't buy them.

Lunch 1:
Shake made from 1 Banana, 100g of Blueberries, 32g of Pea Protein, and 1.5c of Almond Milk

Lunch 2:
Spaghetti made with Red Lentil Noodles, and homemade sauce made with Beyond Sausage

Lunch 3:
4x Aussie Bites, 4x Godiva Chocolate Ganache Hearts, 4x Huge Fresh Strawberries with the hearts.

Yeah, I struggle with that issue whenever I buy them from the grocery store. They either are mealy garbage when I buy them ripe, or they are hard as a rock and take forever to ripen, then turn mealy garbage over night. I grew up near orchards and could buy them fresh or pick them my self on the trees. Buying them ripe off the tree is so much better. It spoiled me. I can't deal with the garbage I get at the grocery store so I don't buy them.
Exactly. Grocery peaches were picked too early and/or refrigerated to halt the ripening process. But even the ones I've been getting this year through a local CSA-style service have been terrible. I usually have good luck with a produce stand up the road, but between less frequent shopping trips and disrupted supply lines, it's been less reliable this year.

AHEM

:taps microphone:

IS THIS THING ON

This thread is back!!!!!!! Sorry for the lost communication. Been out traversing the lands looking for things and such!

Today I have a Chicken, Bacon, Ranch slice from Eddy and Sam's made with only the best imported NY water !!!

View attachment 54665

A slice of the trotts avec béchamel antique

Back