WHAT IS FOR LUNCH!??!?! A thread to discuss most important decision of the work day!

Couple of samples of my Sushi lunch in Osaka . Fresh Prawn, Tuna which was sensational and another Tuna which was pretty good as, I had some raw scallops, Salmon, Squid as well, but that white Tuna was amazing, had a couple of them !View attachment 19848View attachment 19849View attachment 19850
WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing. Osaka really is the food capital of Japan (sshhhh don't tell people from Hokkaido or Tokyo, LOL). I'm expecting pics of takoyaki soon!

Kuidaore!

20191017-122206.jpg

Rigatoni w/ Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo and Soy Crumbles/Mushrooms/Onions with a little razzle dazzle of Colby Jack.

Bone apple tea.

We made sweet potato gnochi for the first time tonight. Ingredients involve 4tbsp of butter. Wife made the batter and put all of that in there. Turns out the butter is actually for the frying stage. So, yeah, we went through 2 sticks of butter.

We made sweet potato gnochi for the first time tonight. Ingredients involve 4tbsp of butter. Wife made the batter and put all of that in there. Turns out the butter is actually for the frying stage. So, yeah, we went through 2 sticks of butter.

That sounds really freaking good!!!

double butter is the inspiration I am here for!

recommendation for any sweet potato pasta action- brown the butter as a sauce post fry or whatever. add fresh julienned sage. squeeze lemon. weep tears of browned butter joy.

recommendation for any sweet potato pasta action- brown the butter as a sauce post fry or whatever. add fresh julienned sage. squeeze lemon. weep tears of browned butter joy.
We did everything but the lemon.

Not sweet potato, but this week I did make NYT's rosemary linguine with chickpeas. I thought frying the rosemary looked sort of fussy and that it might be disappointing, but it was really just about perfect. Bonus, the rosemary scent really cleared out the lingering fish odor from dinner the night before.

Not sweet potato, but this week I did make NYT's rosemary linguine with chickpeas. I thought frying the rosemary looked sort of fussy and that it might be disappointing, but it was really just about perfect. Bonus, the rosemary scent really cleared out the lingering fish odor from dinner the night before.

From fussy to satisfied, the Confident Baby cookbook

Back