Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Shenanigans and shitposting from myself in your general direction aside, welcome @mindhead1 to the best place on the interwebs! I've been enjoying your presence so far - thanks for finding us.
Thanks @avecigrec for the welcome. I found this community while doing research on a new turn table which ended up being a MoFi UltraDeck. I moved up from a Project DC Evo that I had been using for 4 years. It was my re-entry to vinyl deck and it did its job well. Now that I have the UltraDeck setup and running well I'm very happy with it. A definite improvement in SQ over the Evo.

I look forward to engaging the community in other areas where I have found some interesting conversations going on.

Hey! New member here, just saying hello. Life-long audio-video aficionado, from vinyl to open-reel to cassettes, CDs, Blu-Rays, 4K Ultra Blu-Ray, and a good mix of dBX thrown in somewhere in the middle. 5 years ago, I once again fell in love with vinyl, and happily, I still have my records from the old days. And after a few years of 'plugging a decent turntable into the phono input of my amp,' I'm ramping up. Learning about phono stages, cartridges, tonearms, cables, impedance, capacitance, gain and more. Fascinating! The gear below is what I own right now....plus what I've ordered. Takes a while to hand-build some things....but when they're done, I'll let you know! Thanks for all the great information, strategies and tutorials!

Last edited:
Hey! New member here, just saying hello. Life-long audio-video aficionado, from vinyl to open-reel to cassettes, CDs, Blu-Rays, 4K Ultra Blu-Ray, and a good mix of dBX thrown in somewhere in the middle. 5 years ago, I once again fell in love with vinyl, and happily, I still have my records from the old days. And after a few years of 'plugging a decent turntable into the phono input of my amp,' I'm ramping up. Learning about phono stages, cartridges, tonearms, cables, impedance, capacitance, gain and more. Fascinating! The gear below is what I own right now....plus what I've ordered. Takes a while to hand-build some things....but when they're done, I'll let you know! Thanks for all the great information, strategies and tutorials!
Welcome!

Last edited:
Getting back into audio and vinyl after 30 plus years.
Found out I actually like Black Death Doom
metal and all its variants in addition to classical, punk etc.
I imagine I am the lone Black/Death/Doom Metal collector here
Did not see that coming but then …
Was not intending to get into vinyl again, But, there is mission creep in the audio world.
Did not see that coming either
Value purchaser as my income has dropped 10X in retirement
But, so far I have acquired
Factory reconditioned S1210 GR
Really wanted the new GR2 but …$$$
Darlington MM-6
Waxwing
AT MM cartridges ML SH ML and EN styli
Along with a MP110
Just to check out different styli
Vinyl collection is small but growing
🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Was not intending to get into vinyl again, But, there is mission creep in the audio world.
Darlington MM-6
Waxwing
Along with an MP110
🙏🙏🙏

Welcome to our wonderful corner of the internet!

Sounds like you'll be a great voice to have over in the Metal thread!

I've been working at expanding my own metal palate over the past few years since joining here and have definitely had some great suggestions and feedback from fellow forum folk... as well as my own explorations. Been finding that I lean towards Doom/Sludge/Stoner and Powerviolence/Grindcore myself, as well as classic Thrash. That said, I still enjoy exploring Black, Death and Progressive as well – even if they don't always hit for me.

Darlington MM-6
Waxwing
Along with a MP110
🙏🙏🙏
Nope! I'm a big doom metal and stoner rock collector. Great to have another on here who likes the heavy stuff. Welcome to the best corner of the net.

Hot diggity! I’m back! WOW, been sooooo long since I’ve been on here. I’m happy to see a lot of old friends are still here. Gonna get back up to speed, poke around and hopefully make some new friends and get reacquainted with some old friends. It’s good to be back with all you spinners! Jim

Hot diggity! I’m back! WOW, been sooooo long since I’ve been on here. I’m happy to see a lot of old friends are still here. Gonna get back up to speed, poke around and hopefully make some new friends and get reacquainted with some old friends. It’s good to be back with all you spinners! Jim
Holy hell welcome back!

Back